welcome all Ga Peaches

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So happy to be a part of a GA group!! I live in Jonesboro, Ga. :happy:

I just moved from there about 6 months ago. I live in Rex now.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I am not from Georgia, but I have lived here on and off since 1994. I have lived all around the Atlanta area and currently live right next to Stone Mountain.
  • Meganz2
    Meganz2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yay for Georgia peaches! My name is Megan and I'm from Savannah. Nice to meet y'all :)
  • biges1girl
    Options
    Hey everyone! So happy to be a part of a GA group!! Im from a little town called McRae,Ga.
  • deefield1968
    deefield1968 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll have to take the "longest distance to travel in order to participate in person" spot on this board. I lived in Brookhaven/Chamblee til I was 13, then Tucker, then Doraville, then Sugar Hill, and my last place of residence in Georgia was even further out that I-85 corridor (actually I-985) in Flowery Branch before I finally bit the bullet in 1997 and made Fort Worth, Texas home. (And man, do I miss the Varsity and Krystal!!!) For what it's worth, I have a neighbor on one side from Warner Robins, and on the other, from Newnan. Slowly but surely, the peach state is infiltrating our street! LOL

I joined two days ago. I've yo yo-ed myself to the point of complete frustration. Time to do it ALL OVER AGAIN. (Grrr) Setting my goals really low as far as what I want to lose per week, with high hopes that if it takes me longer to lose it, it means I'll have to adapt my eating habits for real... for LIFE... rather than continuing this depressing cycle of losing anywhere from 30-70 pounds, and then it taking a year to a year and a half to see it ALL pile back on. I'm starting this time at 220 (my largest was 240 at the ripe age of 22), shooting for 150.

Here's to the best of luck to us all!
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, its a new day so lets all stay focused on our goals, as u go thru your day think bout friends here & the commitment to the group to lose that fat. walk instead of sitting, park way out in the parking lot instead of in front then u will get more walking in, bend over, stand up & stretch,take the stairs instead of elevator, just move that body.!!!!!! Have a great day.
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    I also wanted to say that we all need to stay off the scales & weigh only 1 time per week, I like to weigh on Friday mornings before i eat & after my morning constitution-u know what i mean!! so let me know what y'all think bout Fridays?
  • Nikro
    Nikro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    McDonough here too.

I started to gain weight after a family members heath crisis. Now I am just tired of feeling stuffed in clothes and looking matronly.
  • deefield1968
    deefield1968 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tee hee... having a particular type of birth control that removes the obvious notifications, it's the scales (and perhaps my "sunny" disposition toward the rest of the world) that tell me when mother nature is here. I'm a daily weigher in that regard. And as long as I have this particular BC, I will continue to be.
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    Deerfield I used to weigh daily but got bumbed out if i had gained or stayed the same, so i went with weighing 1 time a week & on Friday, cause if i cheat on the weekend then i wouldn't know i had gained till Friday,made me feel better thru the week. :bigsmile:
    But to each his own they say,what ever works to keep u motivated.
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    Hi Peaches Hope everyones staying positive, the week-ends are the worse for me! Hang in there & remember its just one day so get back on track .
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    the weather has been glorius here in GA the past few days.
    What are y'all doing outdoors?
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    Hello- well i have had a lazy sunday,but i have sat on the porchs more today than ever. Its just beautiful here too.
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    Good morning all Peaches--another new week is here,I hope y'all are ready to start kicking some butt!!(fat butt)??
    Positive thinking, move the body, healthy eating, keep your daily calorie count. Hang Tuff!!
  • BlkXena
    BlkXena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Georgia Peaches! I currently live in the Emerald City(tapping my red slippers). I love living here but there is no place like home. I just want to say it is refreshing seeing all of the success coming out of G.E.O.R.G.I.A. I am from Hinesville, GA and was born in Savannah, GA. Please friend request me: UN-winntys and when I am in GEORGIA maybe we could get together for healthy snacks and tracks(aquafit, anyone?)
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    Hi everyone Hows the week going for y'all? So far i am doing great with the watching my food, exercise not much!
    Thats where i fall short for sure. Everyone let us know whats motivating you this week! HANG TUFF PEACHES!
  • Taiger31
    Options
    Hi everyone Hows the week going for y'all? So far i am doing great with the watching my food, exercise not much!
    Thats where i fall short for sure. Everyone let us know whats motivating you this week! HANG TUFF PEACHES!

My motivation is my 37th birthday coming up 8-31. This is the healthiest I have been in my adult life..on purpose..lol. So happy to be feeling great about myself. :)
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    Woohoo-- another great day is here! I may have went over on cals yesterday,will know friday when i weigh myself,but regardless i am back on track today.
  • mamawjoyce
    Options
    Ok i gained 1 lb back,my fault i knew i was eating too many cals. ok i am starting to watch it closer now. :sad:
  • alsatty
    alsatty Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to the group. I'm from North Georgia. My main exercise workout is Average Joe Boot Camp. We meet at 5:30 AM.