PC Gamers, lets see your gaming rig!

Options
I'm computer tech and gamer so i'm nosey, lets see pics and specs!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    < placeholder for pics >

Core-i7 980x OC'ed a 4.4Ghz
    16gB 1600Mhz DDR3
    Two GTX5801.5Gb OC'ed edition in SLI
    3 - 27" Acer screens
    256gB Solid State Drive for my games

I built it for the Crysis and Battlefield games to be run in 5760x1080 resolution at max/ultra settings.

Plus its also my iRacing rig (www.iracing.com) that I compete in eTelevised racing series.
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Don't have pics atm. Below is my old comp I built Feb '10 and gave to my brother a few mo's ago when I got a laptop. Laptop's nothing special Samsung. will post it's specs when I get home.

Internals
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
    GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I5750 (Overclocked to 4GHz)
    HIS H585F1GDG Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI

Didn't give him my monitor though as I still use it LOL.
    Monitor
    Samsung 55" LED TV
  • poshcouture
    Options
    *Shrug* I'm at work but I have a DogHouse system. Expensive, I know...but it was a b-day gift to myself. Couldn't tell you the specs off-hand -plus I don't know crap about computers. However, I can tell you what it is. Armour ES 560.
  • Justinsteg
    Options
    I built mine a few years back before the i-series processors came out,

MSi N-7 Platinum
    8G OCZ Gold Edition Ram
    OCZ 700W PSU
    EVGA 460 GPU
    4TB of storage
    500G O/S WB Black Drive
    Acer 24 inch HD Monitors x2
    Razor Tarantula Keyboard
    Razor Death Adder Mouse
    Razor Headphones

I'll just link my photo bucket album since its pic heavy...

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/mc-nugget/My PC/
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I've always want to put a rig together, but I've never even touched a circut board (well, I have, but thats because I was just scrapping some electronic device and looking at how everything fit together).

Where should I start to build myself up to that? Are there any soldering kits that I can pick up before I do the heavy stuff like that?
  • Iam918
    Options
    I've always want to put a rig together, but I've never even touched a circut board (well, I have, but thats because I was just scrapping some electronic device and looking at how everything fit together).

Where should I start to build myself up to that? Are there any soldering kits that I can pick up before I do the heavy stuff like that?

There shouldn't be any soldering to putting a computer together. At least, I've never done so.

The parts basically "snap" together. Just gotta make sure you get the correct parts for your MoBo depending on slot type.

I always start planning by "What I want the rig to be capable of". Then get a MoBo (MotherBoard) / Processor (i7, i3, i5, AMD, etc) in your price range that'll handle the applications you want & then get the best GPU (Graphics Card) for your build you can. Follow that up with enough RAM (Memory) to run your programs and a fast Hard Drive for your tastes. For Gaming SSD (Solid State Drive) is best but can be cost prohibitive for some, faster is better and I wouldn't go below 7200 rpm (revolutions per minute (aka:disk turning speed)) on a non-ssd drive.

You'll also need to plan your case around your GPU and CPU heatsink as it'll need to be long and wide enough to accommodate them without having space / airflow issues. Cases are usually one of the last things I pick out due to this.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

There shouldn't be any soldering to putting a computer together. At least, I've never done so.

The parts basically "snap" together. Just gotta make sure you get the correct parts for your MoBo depending on slot type.

I always start planning by "What I want the rig to be capable of". Then get a MoBo / Processor in your price range that'll handle the applications you want & then get the best GPU for your build you can. Follow that up with enough RAM to run your programs and a fast HD for your tastes. For Gaming SSD is best but can be cost prohibitive for some, faster is better and I wouldn't go below 7200 rpm.

You'll also need to plan your case around your GPU and CPU heatsink as it'll need to be long and wide enough to accommodate them without having space / airflow issues. Cases are usually one of the last things I pick out due to this.

I'm sorry, I understood only 40% of what you had said :( Clearly I have homework to do on building the perfect gaming rig.

But its good to know that the pieces just snap together. I love building things, and to build a computer would be so kickass
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i7-920 @ 4.1GHz on an Asus RAMPAGE II GENE motherboard (ripped out of a pre-built Essentio tower PC and installed in my own setup)
    18GB DDR3
    EGVA GTX470 OC
    4.5TB of HD space, including a 240GB OCZ SSD boot drive
    LG BluRay burner
    Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Gamer Edition
  • Iam918
    Options

I always start planning by "What I want the rig to be capable of". Then get a MoBo (MotherBoard) / Processor (i7, i3, i5, AMD, etc) in your price range that'll handle the applications you want & then get the best GPU (Graphics Card) for your build you can. Follow that up with enough RAM (Memory) to run your programs and a fast Hard Drive for your tastes. For Gaming SSD (Solid State Drive) is best but can be cost prohibitive for some, faster is better and I wouldn't go below 7200 rpm (revolutions per minute (aka:disk turning speed)) on a non-ssd drive.

You'll also need to plan your case around your GPU and CPU heatsink as it'll need to be long and wide enough to accommodate them without having space / airflow issues. Cases are usually one of the last things I pick out due to this

I'm sorry, I understood only 40% of what you had said :( Clearly I have homework to do on building the perfect gaming rig.

But its good to know that the pieces just snap together. I love building things, and to build a computer would be so kickass

edited to hopefully be less technical.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

You'll also need to plan your case around your GPU and CPU heatsink as it'll need to be long and wide enough to accommodate them without having space / airflow issues. Cases are usually one of the last things I pick out due to this

edited to hopefully be less technical.

And edited to be understood! I it was the abbreviations that got me
  • Justinsteg
    Options
    I would pick a CPU first then build around it, find the main board that matches the socket, then get the spec list off it that way you match up the proper ram etc.... also don't skimp on a case or power supply. Get a case that cools well and gives you good access to your components, this is a must and also handy if you need to swap out items. I would also try and stick with a Nvidia video card, since AMD bought ATI they have been running into driver issues. EVGA has some of the best cards on the market, awesome warranty and they have a upgrade deal that you cant beat. If you buy a new EVGA card and a new one comes out you can upgrade it really cheap by sending them your old card.
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My husband wants a new computer for his bday/Christmas this year, so I'll be daydreaming about parts here soon.
  • warpedlogic
    Options
    No pics, but my case is a Corsair Carbide 400R.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
    MSI H67MA-E43 (B3)
    Kingston HyperX 8GB
    Galaxy Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
    LG DVD MultiRecorder
    Seagate SATA 1TB
    Western Digital SATA 300GB
    Thermaltake TR2-600
    Windows 7 OS
  • Justinsteg
    Options
    Oops forgot my processor, Intel Q6600 quad core with arctic cooler freezer 7.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Specs:

INTEL CORE I7 3770 Ivybridge 3.4GHz SKT 1155
    ASUS 1155 P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
    Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Memory
    22x DVDRW Lightscribe
    2TB SATA III 600 Hard Disk
    Coolermaster 335U Case
    700W Low Noise PSU
    Wireless Card PCI
    2GB GeF GTX 670
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have an Asus g74sx. Does exactly what I want it to plus it has one of the best cooling systems ever.

asus_g74sx.jpg

i7 2630QM Processor
    12GB Ram
    GTX 3GB 560M
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have an Asus g74sx. Does exactly what I want it to plus it has one of the best cooling systems ever.

asus_g74sx.jpg

i7 2630QM Processor
    12GB Ram
    GTX 3GB 560M

I know I might get slapped but why does this thing have 12gigs of ram?!?!?!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    desktop (named azrael)
    Intel Core i7 2600K Processor 3.4GHz
    16GB SDRAM DDR3 RAM
    2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    AMD Radeon HD 6850

laptop (named madeleine)
    Intel Core i5 2450M Processor 2.5GHz (3MB Cache)
    6GB SDRAM RAM
    500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
    15.6-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I know I might get slapped but why does this thing have 12gigs of ram?!?!?!

Yeah it does. It's a little overkill, especially considering I can put another 4gb into it, but hey I don't mind. ;D
  • ocarinaoftimid
    Options
    Desktop Name: TEMPEST
    Intel Core i5 2500K CPU 3.30GHz
    8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti
    ASUS P8Z68-V LX mobo
    Sceptre 27" Monitor

iBuyPower%2BGamer%2BMage%2BD295%252C%2BD355%2BAnd%2BD415%2BGaming%2BPCs%2B2.png

I'm Ice-Valkyrie on Steam if anyone wants to add me :P