Newbie in the group would love advice

Options
My goal is to lose 100 lbs, not sure if it's possible to lose it all before the year is up. I would like to think it is. Maybe with hard work and the groups support, I can to reach my goal. I just started working out 5 days ago, I don't have a workout routine, right now I'm using an app called Zombies, Run! to get me started. It's fun and I actually enjoy this workout so it's a good start. If anyone has ANY advice that will help me lose 100 lbs before the end of this year by all means advise away. Thanks!

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Nice to have you in the group! Honestly seeing how there is 5 months left in the year, I don't think it would be healthy to try to lose 100 pounds in that short of a time frame. You would have to lose 5 pounds every week to reach your goal. At first it will come off fast, you may lose 5-10 pounds your first week but you will not be able to sustain that pace. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I don't have advice for losing 100 pounds in 5 months. (right now in my 8th month I am averaging a little less than 2 pounds a week). You don't want to lose too fast, or you risk losing a lot of muscle mass and feeling run down all the time. Extreme dieting is not sustainable, you have to have a plan you can stick with. All I can say is to lose the most weight as healthily as possible:

- hit your calorie goal every day
    - exercise regularly both strength and cardio
    - take 1 or 2 rest days a week
    - get lots of protein (1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass)
    - sleep well
    - stick to it even when you get discouraged and the scale stops moving. The key is perseverance. If you mess up, get right back on track like nothing ever happened.
    -don't starve yourself and eat too little. Crash dieting may work short term, but those usually lead to plateaus and frustration. Eat between your BMR and your TDEE, usually a 20% cut from TDEE ( www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map )

Either way if you start now, by the end of the year you will weigh less and be smaller even if you don't reach the 100 pound mark! Good luck and if you have any questions just shoot me a message now that we are friends here :smile: