Hi - new here.

Options
Hi,

I have been a member of MFP for a while and have lost a fair bit of weight over the last 6 months from a combination of illness and exercise.

I have bipolar and have recently started taking Quetiapine (and have been on Lithium for many years), so thought would get back into MFP and track what I'm eating/doing as I have been warned by the Dr that it could cause weight gain and have read/heard other people's experiences.

Between meds and hypothyroidism, I am not expecting to lose much (if any) weight, but I would like maintain things, if possible.

Spacebean.

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I hope you get the support you need from here and are able to manage the bipolar as well as you can.

Amanda xx:flowerforyou:
  • lhulewsky
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I have bipolar and chronic pain. Meds cause weight gain but I try to just keep plugging along. Stick with it. If you want to friend me on here feel free to do so....
  • arachniagirl
    arachniagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Spacebean,

I am one of those who gained a bunch of weight on that combination, that's why I ended up here. The good news is that I have been able to lose some of the weight. It's not easy, in fact it's been downright difficult, but it's working. I think that your idea to come here now and be proactive in maintaining your weight is an excellent one. Much easier to make minor corrections as needed.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like! :)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you for the replies - it has been a while since I last logged in, I did have very good intentions at first!

I have reset my goal for only 1/2 lb per week and am trying to concentrate on just exercising 3 times a week again to start with, but between tiredness and depression I can't be bothered at the moment.

Thanks