I had a cycle!

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
So, I just got my first period since January. (Of course I'm on vacation and didn't bring any products with me - LOL). I didn't get pregnant this cycle - boo! - but I think it's a huge victory that I've had a cycle at all so I'm thrilled. I just had my Metformin increased from 1000 mg to 2000 mg about three weeks ago so I must've ovulated pretty quickly after the increase. Yay - fingers crossed that this keeps up.

Replies

• sydvenus
    sydvenus Posts: 12
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • qristina
    qristina Posts: 16
    Options
    Woot! I also just had a period for the first time since November!! Also on a business trip without supplies. haha

But I was just diagnosed with PCOS a month ago, and changed my diet (lost 5 pounds) and voila! I just started taking metfomin a week ago. So I have all my fingers crossed that this will continue!!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yay! :) I hope this is the start of your body getting on a good track!! I have tampons/liners/pads, one of those with me at all times, because you just never know when you'll need them! lol
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    Yay! :) I hope this is the start of your body getting on a good track!! I have tampons/liners/pads, one of those with me at all times, because you just never know when you'll need them! lol

I totally agree. Mine became regular last November. The month that I got diagnosed with pcos. Go figure. But now I'm good and I carry something all the time
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm celebrating 17 months of getting cycles back. Keep at what you're doing and they will stay!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm also excited because this means I can start doing BBT - I wanted to start it at the beginning of a cycle and then my cycle was so long. Or, I guess normal sized but non-existent for months. Plus all the symptoms I had this time, I can look for again soon.
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    O YAYYY!!! I came here to make the SAME EXACT type of post!

I JUST completed day 5 of a very NORMAL period. I had the sore boobs, the fatigue, the sweet/salty cravings, the cm and a little moodiness ... JUST like I remember it back in the day when my periods were regular. Although with all those symptoms I was thinking I was finally preggers (yall know how that is for US) but I was JUST AS HAPPY.. honestly HAPPIER to see aunt flow the next day show up with the "period poops" (sorry, if tmi) ...

This time, I think it's my diet, my exercise, and my commitment to my metformin. I was prescribed 2000mg per day, but when I was prescribed back in Dec, I really did not follow through with them because of all the side effects I was having. I ended up stopping them for about 2 months, and I don't think they were fully in my system anyway so it was like I never took them almost. Well, the end of June/ beg of July I started taking one every morning for a week, WITH my food, SANS a bunch of sugar and carbs, and had no symptoms. GREAT. The next week, I did two, but with DINNER... same thing with the food.... kept that going for a few weeks and then came on the symptoms.

I knew something was up though, because I had started having more of a libido, and more cm in different consistencies. I even have more... or BETTER energy. It's almost as if the metformin is helping my food turn into better fuel for me instead of just SITTING in my bloodstream (or at least that's how it always felt before.

Anyway, CONGRATS to you gals. I'm PRAYING that this keeps up. I have a feeling it will, and just yesterday I made it up to 1500mg of my met- one with breakfast and my faithful two at dinner.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
  • ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is great!! I started charting too after my last cycle, I think I might have ovulated just yesterday but not totally sure have to do some research on my temps to see if I did or not. But I should actually be getting my cycle now if it is on track from the last cycle length. Not sure it will be though cause June was my induced period after a round of IVF that was unsuccessful and then July was the first one after that, cam on it's own but was very very light so not sure it I will get another one this month or not. Hoping what I am seeing is that I ovulated but we'll see.