Is your Pet a hero/Protector to you?

Options
Ozzyzmommy
Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
My Chi~Weenie Ozzy is my little hero/ protector ...
A couple nights ago I took Ozzy out for a late night walk, up and down my hill because the heat during the day is way to hot!
Well during our walk I fell again... (I'm disabled) this time I really hurt myself... So a friend of mine ran home to get help, while I laid there waiting for help Ozzy laid right next to me until some man down the street came around with a big dog..
Ozzy jumped up and put my bleeding leg under him, while he loudly let that dog know not to come near his hurt mommy :)
Ozzy was so protective over me, it really put tears in my eyes...
He is definitely my HERO...

Please share a story if you have an amazing animal :0)

Replies

• paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    Ozzy really is a hero :). My little Westie is a hero(ine) to me just because she is constantly at my side when I am at home, shows so much love and joy and generally makes me happy.

We are lucky to have them I think.
  • deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My Cockapoo Ginger is my protector, but for a sad reason. We rescued her from a home where there were a lot of marital problems and I have a funny feeling the husband may have been abusive to the wife. If someone comes near me and they're being loud, even if it's simply an excited voice, Ginger will go into attack mode.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Options
    Ozzy is that way to.. But I had him since birth...
    I just tell others that it's just LOVE.. he loves his mommy and loud or sudden movements probably makes him think there going to hurt me...
    Thank you for your story :)
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Options
    Love of our pets to me is the best love of all..
    This means they trust us, and need us as much as we need them.... :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    That story brought tears to my eyes. What a great dog! My Ozzy is definitely my protector but he's never done anything like that; thankfully I've never been in that kind of situation. But he does guard the house, ESPECIALLY when I'm home alone. We got him to keep me company while my husband was deployed and he takes it very seriously. He can usually be found between me and the door of whatever room we're in. :smile: It bothers our neighbors that he barks when someone 9even them) come in our yard but that's his job and we wouldn't have it any other way. Animals are fantastic.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Ozzy.... You take good care of your mommy. Your a good baby. :wink:

LuLu on the right is the "Top Dog". She is 2 years younger than Hyedee on the left. But she is the boss... She tell us what to do.... And she protects her sister.... Even thou she bosses her around alot...

Hyedee on the left, (multi colored Pom) she was at my feet constantly, while I was in the Lazyboy chair for two months straight... I had to stay in that chair because I couldn't lay down in a bed... I had all my right posterior ribs and collarbone broken, and was in alot of pain... Hyedee wouldn't let anyone near me when I was in that chair... She stayed either in my lap, or at my feet, and snarled and barked if anyone came into the room... Except for Grandma Myrna "The Turkey Lady" She would allow her in the room... She had Turkey. :smile:
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Nope. That's my job for her.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Your dog is a wee hero!

My 1 kitty is a brave but foolish hero!

A couple of days ago at 2am I hear a noise in the back garden, as I make my way to the window my cat is up the window growling like a dog at the "intruders" The intruders were a copper and his dog searching for a burglar that had run into my garden. The helicopter was buzzing overhead and at first I thought the bloke in my garden, 3 foot from my window was whoever the heli was looking for...pretty scary at the time but funny looking back. Dog and handler had jumped my 6ft fence and probably had wet feet after going thru the paddling pool full of water!

My kitty was hand reared by me from an hour old and is very attached to me, very protective but not the largest cat in the world!
  • blackjax007
    Options
    My aussie Harely, the red tri in my profile pic, seems to be my sworn protector. She barks at any dog, bunny or squirrel that comes near us. However, she is scared of the vacuum cleaner. I guess as long as I'm not attacked by a vacuum I'm good to go.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My aussie Harely, the red tri in my profile pic, seems to be my sworn protector. She barks at any dog, bunny or squirrel that comes near us. However, she is scared of the vacuum cleaner. I guess as long as I'm not attacked by a vacuum I'm good to go.

Ozzy hates the vacuum - and has attacked it more than once. He actually hates any cleaning including brooms, mops, and swiffers. He also has strict rules about dancing (he will freak out if you dance) but he loves singing and if you sing he'll come sit by your feet and listen. He also likes being carried around like a child which is even funnier because he's about 40 lbs.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Your doggies are sooo cute!! My brother has a aussie named Kai. He must be a red tri too. Looks alot like your baby. Only hes much older.. Ours didn't like the vacuum either... We have hardwood floors now.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Options
    That story brought tears to my eyes. What a great dog! My Ozzy is definitely my protector but he's never done anything like that; thankfully I've never been in that kind of situation. But he does guard the house, ESPECIALLY when I'm home alone. We got him to keep me company while my husband was deployed and he takes it very seriously. He can usually be found between me and the door of whatever room we're in. :smile: It bothers our neighbors that he barks when someone 9even them) come in our yard but that's his job and we wouldn't have it any other way. Animals are fantastic.

Your Ozzy does what he is suppose to do.. Protect... My Ozzy does the same thing to my neighbors, and he likes them.. I just think to him it's letting others know that he is still there and on the job :)
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Options

LOL !!
    Ozzy is the same way.. he hates the vacuum, and anything on wheels, like wheel barrels etc...
    anything that belongs outside or in the garage like ladders etc.. he doesn't like them either lol
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Options
    Your dog is a wee hero!

My 1 kitty is a brave but foolish hero!

A couple of days ago at 2am I hear a noise in the back garden, as I make my way to the window my cat is up the window growling like a dog at the "intruders" The intruders were a copper and his dog searching for a burglar that had run into my garden. The helicopter was buzzing overhead and at first I thought the bloke in my garden, 3 foot from my window was whoever the heli was looking for...pretty scary at the time but funny looking back. Dog and handler had jumped my 6ft fence and probably had wet feet after going thru the paddling pool full of water!

My kitty was hand reared by me from an hour old and is very attached to me, very protective but not the largest cat in the world!

This is a cute but scary story :0)
    I had a couple cats that used to chatter there jaws when they saw something outside no matter if it were people or other animals...
    I had one cat Bubber who knocked the snot out of the neighbors jack russell for trying to bite my sister... he loved dogs just not disrespectful ones lol :)