NO I WILL have a GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, I am doing something different today because stressed out I am or was....I went to get my Emissions test today and I am late so have to pay double so mad and frustrated. I get there only to see they are not open till an hour and a half later!!!!! I cursed myself out was frustrated and wanted to cry.
I STOPPED myself and decided no I am not going to eat crazy, curse or say this is a bad day! it is still a good day just a mishap on my part....so my MFPers no matter the mishap stay focused and talk yourself down. It will get better eventually!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am doing something different today because stressed out I am or was....I went to get my Emissions test today and I am late so have to pay double so mad and frustrated. I get there only to see they are not open till an hour and a half later!!!!! I cursed myself out was frustrated and wanted to cry.
    I STOPPED myself and decided no I am not going to eat crazy, curse or say this is a bad day! it is still a good day just a mishap on my part....so my MFPers no matter the mishap stay focused and talk yourself down. It will get better eventually!

Peace,
    WW

Thank you and you are right! I myself am having a rough morning, keep your head up!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    the last week for me has been rough. and much of it is out of my control... just gotta stop worrying about everything you can't change, focus on the stuff you can, and keep moving.

thanks for the reminder to breathe!!!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Ugh! My morning started out rough too. Got to work this morning and found a couple of e-mails that made my blood pressure go up. I need to learn not to react to them right away, just sit on them for a bit before responding.

On that note, I will work the stress out of my body tonight when I work out. Plan on running 2 miles. It will give me time to think.

Have a GOOD DAY!!!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Okay, at this moment STOP! Now THINK. Ask yourself, "What will make me smile?" Then GO and DO it. Unless it will put you behind bars. In that case, STOP! STEP AWAY FROM YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER (or in Garlic's case service clerk) AND RUN TILL YOU DROP. Once you drop it should be safe to go home. By now you will be sapped of any energy to kill. JK

Seriously though, you all are remarkable people and as Mom always says, "This too shall pass." I know, WHEN? Hang in there you could be 5 seconds from a break through. No one wants to quit with only 5 seconds left.

Envision a count down, 5-4-3-2-1 When I am doing my workout I love the clock, it pushes me to keep going. And for those days I need a little more I get a cheering section, my daughters. They shout, " Come on Mom, you can do it! Keep going. Not much longer. 5-4-3-2-1 Yay, you did it!" Then we dance. I am dancing for all of us right now. Or I will be once I am not typing.

PS
    I will need you to remind me of my own words on the day I fall apart. ;)
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Okay, at this moment STOP! Now THINK. Ask yourself, "What will make me smile?" Then GO and DO it. Unless it will put you behind bars. In that case, STOP! STEP AWAY FROM YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER (or in Garlic's case service clerk) AND RUN TILL YOU DROP. Once you drop it should be safe to go home. By now you will be sapped of any energy to kill. JK

Seriously though, you all are remarkable people and as Mom always says, "This too shall pass." I know, WHEN? Hang in there you could be 5 seconds from a break through. No one wants to quit with only 5 seconds left.

Envision a count down, 5-4-3-2-1 When I am doing my workout I love the clock, it pushes me to keep going. And for those days I need a little more I get a cheering section, my daughters. They shout, " Come on Mom, you can do it! Keep going. Not much longer. 5-4-3-2-1 Yay, you did it!" Then we dance. I am dancing for all of us right now. Or I will be once I am not typing.

PS
    I will need you to remind me of my own words on the day I fall apart. ;)
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I need theses exact words today!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ANDF APPRECIATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!! AFTER TALKING AND MEDITATING I CALMED DOWN!!!!!! I came to work and had a 2 hour anf 45 min meeting that left me frustrated and head spinning. So, I went for a walk...just walked out building and walked and talked to God. I came back renewed...sometimes it is realizing whether anything changes or not....we still have breath in us...a life to live anf have joy about. A good thing did happen too!!!!!!
    A young nurse I mentored came back to visit all of us but she came and sat with me for about an hour! YOUNG people are awesome...they bring an energy that is contagious! :D
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am glad you got through it! I learned this awesome technique at a training by Dr. Bill Crawford recently that was really helpful:

Breath
    Relax (or think some other meditative work on your exhale)
    Ask yourself if you want to feel the way you are feeling
    Imagine how you would rather feel
    Note the changes in how you feel

(BRAIN)

It's about engaging your higher thought processes in your forebrain and overriding your brainstem that often responds automatically when stressed

It really helps me:)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got a message that my 92 year old mother is having a memory crisis and I have to go to where she lives and try to convince her to get some nurse's aides in place so that she can stay safely in her apartment until we (my brother and I) can arrange for her to be transferred to a memory unit in a new facility. She was in the dining room and suddenly lost track of where she was and when security took her to her apartment she didn't recognize it.

I am freaking out because I don't know what to do other than visit her and hope I can get her to see the doctor to get a diagnosis. Luckily tomorrow is Friday so the staff is in the office, but we are facing the weekend an it will be very difficult.

While this is going on it will not make my life any better if I throw caution to the wind and sabotage my food plan. So I am going to pack some healthy food to take with me and aim at staying within my goal for the day.
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just got a message that my 92 year old mother is having a memory crisis and I have to go to where she lives and try to convince her to get some nurse's aides in place so that she can stay safely in her apartment until we (my brother and I) can arrange for her to be transferred to a memory unit in a new facility. She was in the dining room and suddenly lost track of where she was and when security took her to her apartment she didn't recognize it.

I am freaking out because I don't know what to do other than visit her and hope I can get her to see the doctor to get a diagnosis. Luckily tomorrow is Friday so the staff is in the office, but we are facing the weekend an it will be very difficult.

While this is going on it will not make my life any better if I throw caution to the wind and sabotage my food plan. So I am going to pack some healthy food to take with me and aim at staying within my goal for the day.

I hope all works our with your Mom, Jacqueling.

September 1st will be one year that my Mom passed away at 45yrs old, of lung cancer, not smoking a day in her life. I've had a rough year, and after a tough breakup with a boyfriend a few weeks ago, I have definitely had better days.

WHen I'm down, it's nice to come to forums like this; makes me realize that I'm not the only one struggling, you know?

I wish you all a wonderful day. Remember to breathe :)
  • lhorton84
    lhorton84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fell Better now knowing im not the only one having a bad morning... Thanks.... HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL!!!