Well Done Team GB!

grumpers
grumpers Posts: 46 Member
Just finished watching the dressage freestyles--so well done, UK riders! I love how soft and harmonious the UK riders and horses were, really lovely to watch. The Dutch lady--well, not my style I'm afraid. So happy to see a new group of faces in the dressage world!

Replies

• alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Stunning performances and what skill! Reverse piaffe pirouettes, single-handed one-time flying changes... I can only do the 'reverse' and 'single-handed' bit :laugh:
  • salsa81
    salsa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Finally watched the freestyle yesterday afternoon after a lovely long hack on Moo.

It was ace, the hairs on my arms stood up for all 3 Team GB riders and I was in bits watching Charlotte as I knew she'd won. Uthopia's extended trot is AMAZING.

It was all faboulous!

Best Olympics ever for Team GB and topped off for me personally with all the equestrian medals we've one and a few firsts there as well.

Watched the summing up on BBC1 last night before the closing ceremony and I was in absolute bits, especially with the equestrian highlights in there to boost.

I don't care what other people say, Dressage is a sport and it's the most beautiful sport to watch.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    I cried during Charlottes test :sad: it was so beautiful

A fabulous games all round - BBC did us proud with excellent coverage. I thought bits of the opening and closing ceremony were a little dubious including all the mimed performances by the singers last night :grumble:

Now we have the Paralympic games so good luck to Lee Pearson hopefully another dressage gold :love: