Any interested in grouping for a 5K in Wisconsin?

Options
sherrirb
sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
There are a lot of really neat 5ks coming up in the next few months here in Wisconsin. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing any 5ks this fall.

I'd also love to get a few ladies together for some of the "women only" mud runs next year.

I have recently restarted C25K. I was just finishing Week 8 back in May when I had to stop and have surgery. It took me some time to get back into working out and exercising but now I'm ready to get running again.

I'm not fast by any means, but thought since we all have MFP/weightloss in common, perhaps it would be fun to form an MFP group for one of these fun 5K runs.

Replies

• goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I might be interested. I am doing the Dirty Girl on Aug. 18th. Are you open to all locations in WI?
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey! Yeah I would be interested. What part of the state are you in? I'm in La Crosse but in most cases I'm willing to travel. I'm doing my Warrior Dash next weekend in Johnson Creek (it's my first mud run) and I'm supere excited and can't wait to do more!!
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! It would be really fun to meet new people and get some more fitness in in new locations!! I am by Eau Claire. GeneveSparkle I went to UWL woo hoo!!! LOVE and miss LaCrosse.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    I might be interested. I am doing the Dirty Girl on Aug. 18th. Are you open to all locations in WI?

I wanted to do the Dirty Girl but hubby and I already had plans to attend the State HoG (Harley Owners Group) Rally up in Wausau next weekend. Good luck and have a BALL!!

I would be willing to travel some for it but I'd prefer to keep it in the lower 2/3rds of the state for sure. Anything beyond that would mean paying for a room somewhere for night or two and we gotta watch our money.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Hey! Yeah I would be interested. What part of the state are you in? I'm in La Crosse but in most cases I'm willing to travel. I'm doing my Warrior Dash next weekend in Johnson Creek (it's my first mud run) and I'm supere excited and can't wait to do more!!

I live near Burlington which is in western Racine County. I would travel as far north as Wausau and across to the Mississippi. La Crosse is about 4.5 hours and possibly do-able.

Good luck on your Warrior Dash! that is going to be awesome!!
  • Trojanlc75
    Trojanlc75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am all the way up in Woodruff but there is a 5K almost every weekend in the summer. Minocqua recently had The Mary Mile and 5K, The Mike Ross 5K, Rump Roast Run should be coming up in October for Beef-A-Rama. There is the Fools Run in April. Boulder does something for Muskie Days. Heck I was even able to enter the doxie in a race for Onieda Co Fair.

I actually walk the 5K route they use about 4-5 times a week.