TPCC Tips & Tricks

Options
CalJur
CalJur Posts: 627 Member
You are competing in the TPCC II. Congratulations on not only being invited, but also accepting this challenge. Let me warn you it is not the somewhat passive weekly HBC. This is a head-to-head competition where your opponents are trying to outperform you every single day and there is strategy involved.

What day will you take your mandatory, flexible rest day? Remember team members are one and therefore must take it on the same day and indicate "REST" on the spreadsheet at the bottom but can record a burn for the HBC. Will you try to do it all in one workout per day or one or more? Will you and your teammate go all out every day or will one ease up on certain days while the other steps up?

What do you disclose in your exercise notes for your daily workout prior to posting or do you disclose at all until you post? Oh yes don't think for a minute your diary won't be examined daily or for the last few days or weeks to get some idea of what you tend to do and when.

Are you trying to neutralize one opponent's burns and your partner neutralize the other? Do you feel comfortable with your position for the week and therefore try to conserve energy realizing the next round will be even harder.

Do you post a partial workout for the day and then add to it much later in the deep of the night? Might seem wrong to do but all perfectly legal gamesmanship.

At the end of the day it is about YOU pushing your body further than you ever imagined before. Just don't want anyone to be surprised or think that that person who never burned 2K before may hit 3K before this Challenge is over. I can not over emphasize the beastmode feeling that takes over when you are a part of this Challenge. Just 48 hours from the start. Can't wait to see what folks do on day 1.

My strategy was to come out strong on the weekend. HB's strategy was to eat pizza and ice cream and try to puzzle you that way before a monstrous burn on Mondays!!!! Whatever you do please be smart about it and listen to your body. If you need to take it easy in addition to the mandatory, flexible rest day please do so.

Welcome again to the TPCC II. All eyes are on you. Enjoy.

Replies

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Myself, HB (TPCC I runner-up), and likely Josette31 (my winning partner from TPCC I) are readily available to consult with if needed as you devise your strategies. Of course everything kept in strict confidence.