Pics Of My Local 10 Mile Time Trial

Options
KitTheRoadie
KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
Hey folks,

Here is a link to some pics on Flickr of my local 10 mile time trial. I couldn't take part this week as I'm having fun tinkering with my gears! :wink:

It was a bit overcast and in the evening so some of them are a bit dark, but you get the idea...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christophenes/sets/72157630999156950/

Enjoy

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Nice. There is a 40k TT next weekend that I need to make a call on racing or not.
  • KitTheRoadie
    Options
    Do it! :happy:
  • scott091501
    Options
    I've never done a stand alone TT. The whole starting with someone holding your bike kinda scares me for some reason. Need to jack my friend's 60 front and disc if I decide to do it.
  • KitTheRoadie
    Options
    I will be on my third "stand alone" 10 mile TT next wednesday! I was 'bricking it' first time, but actually it's pretty cool! When you see them start of on the TdF, it's just like that! :smile:

For me, for the first time since starting to ride my bike I felt like a proper racer and that feeling is amazing! :smile:

Good luck if you do go for it!
  • Stinkeymonkey
    Stinkeymonkey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great pics! I love seeing all the different bikes and kits.
  • KitTheRoadie
    Options
    There are some pretty serious bits of kit there, I love the Planet X - Exocet, a lovely looking bike! :-)

Thanks BTW! :happy:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Planet-X do some belting Time-Trial kit... I had a wander around their showroom/warehouse a couple of months ago, and believe me, I would have KILLED for some of the stuff they had in there, back when I was still riding TT's - I seriously doubt if I am flexible enough anymore to get into the full-aero tuck!

the Exocet-2 that they're knocking out at the moment looks rather good...nice and stealthy...

CBPXEX2FOR_P1.jpg

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXEX2FOR/planet_x_exocet_2_sram_force_time_trial_bike

(I should say, that as Planet-X are based maybe 20 miles or so from me, they aren't exactly rare at the local Club TT's etc :wink: - oh yeah, I'm biased of course, seeing as I've got a Planet-X roadbike and a On-One (PX's off-road side-company) MTB)
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Like the pics. The olympics has really got me interested in seeing more about the sport and possibly getting involved, if they have a 40 plus amateur category, that is.
  • scott091501
    Options
    Planet-X do some belting Time-Trial kit... I had a wander around their showroom/warehouse a couple of months ago, and believe me, I would have KILLED for some of the stuff they had in there, back when I was still riding TT's - I seriously doubt if I am flexible enough anymore to get into the full-aero tuck!

the Exocet-2 that they're knocking out at the moment looks rather good...nice and stealthy...

CBPXEX2FOR_P1.jpg

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXEX2FOR/planet_x_exocet_2_sram_force_time_trial_bike

(I should say, that as Planet-X are based maybe 20 miles or so from me, they aren't exactly rare at the local Club TT's etc :wink: - oh yeah, I'm biased of course, seeing as I've got a Planet-X roadbike and a On-One (PX's off-road side-company) MTB)

That's funny because PX's are VERY rare here. Mostly Cervelos, Cdales, Specialized, and Felts.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Like the pics. The olympics has really got me interested in seeing more about the sport and possibly getting involved, if they have a 40 plus amateur category, that is.

There's certainly a thriving "Veterans" section in most TimeTrials... (that's the V designation for 40+ riders) - problem is, most of them have been riding the local club-10 since they were 15, and haven't missed a wednesday during the season... at least at my local club, they're a bit that way! If you're interested, easiest way is to find your local club and give them a email/call, see if they do a "sign up on the evening" for a tryout 10... there's also some info on the Cycling Time Trials website - http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk