Blizzard Hacked (for reals)

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

fvck. I heard about this yesteday but hadnt heard any details yet...after reading I think I am OK cause I use an authenticator......still not crazy about my cc info.....Even though they dont think they were compromised......they are not 100% sure yet.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I have an account but I am not active on anything but it explains why my phone has blown up with spam on my gamer account in the past week.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Damn it! I just finished getting hacked in D3...now I have to re-change my password (for the 8th time!)? Son of a....

Thanks for the heads up man... :)
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    which is why i only use the password for WoW, for wow and nothing else, and i have an authenticator. I dont need no hack!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    authenticator will not help you this time.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Yeah, apparently authenticator info as well as secret questions were stolen/compromised. Looks like there's no way to change your secret question right now, but they are working on it. I dunno how to address the authenticator part.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Yeah, apparently authenticator info as well as secret questions were stolen/compromised. Looks like there's no way to change your secret question right now, but they are working on it. I dunno how to address the authenticator part.

I bet they will send everyone a new authenticator (or update your app if you use that) -
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

I bet they will send everyone a new authenticator (or update your app if you use that) -

it says they will update the app i the next few days.
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    physical authenticator isn't affected, only the mobile and dial in ones are
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    LOL! My work sent out an email alert about this today. I was like, Really?!

I'm not too worried about it.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    physical authenticator isn't affected, only the mobile and dial in ones are

bless thrall for the "key chain" app lol