Spironolactone

Options
I was put on Spironolactone a few weeks ago to help decrease unwanted facial and body hair caused by PCOS. I know that it can take at least 6 months before I start to see results. Has anyone else used this medication? What did it do for you? I know that everyone reacts differently to medications, but I'm just curious as to how its helped others.

Replies

• mrs_card
    mrs_card Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed it but after reading the side effects had decided not to take it. I was really nervous about the possibility of getting pregnant and having a deformed child because that was one of the side effects. I will tell you though that for awhile my doctor put me on NuvaRing and I just recently took myself off but within only 2 months of being on the NuvaRing my hair growth was extremely slowed and in some areas the unwanted hair actually just fell out and went away and thinned itself out.
  • jenjcrowe
    jenjcrowe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive been on and off Spironolactone for years. IT HELPS!! When I don't take it, I have increased facial hair growth. When I am consistent with it, I dont.