2 birds 1 stone

Options
catherine4211
catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
Ok everyone. On Wednesday night I decided I had to stop seeing my non-boyfriend boyfriend. He made it perfectly clear that he loves me but is not "in" love with me. Yes I'm devastated because never in my whole life have I gotten along so well with someone. So that was the first bird. The second one is I work with a guy who has a single brother (who is NOT 14 years younger than me). He mentioned one day we should get to know each other. We have messaged each other a little bit but nothing major. He works full time and goes to school every night, M-F till 10 pm two hours away from home. Obviously he's busy. That's fine. Not my question. So yesterday I sent him a message asking if he wanted to meet this weekend for a drink. He said sure. Great. So I'm asking another co-worker today (a man but not the brother) what should I wear because I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard. He said it already looks like I am trying too hard because I invited him for the drink. Thoughts?????

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    something casual... it's a drink.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WTF-ever. Trying too hard because you invited him for a drink? Ignore this.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I think asking him for a drink is fine. What's trying to hard about being the initiator?

But agree with poncho....keep it casual.

Have fun! :smile:
  • catherine4211
    Options
    something casual... it's a drink.

Well yea but do you think I'm trying too hard just by asking?
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    Ok everyone. On Wednesday night I decided I had to stop seeing my non-boyfriend boyfriend. He made it perfectly clear that he loves me but is not "in" love with me. Yes I'm devastated because never in my whole life have I gotten along so well with someone. So that was the first bird. The second one is I work with a guy who has a single brother (who is NOT 14 years younger than me). He mentioned one day we should get to know each other. We have messaged each other a little bit but nothing major. He works full time and goes to school every night, M-F till 10 pm two hours away from home. Obviously he's busy. That's fine. Not my question. So yesterday I sent him a message asking if he wanted to meet this weekend for a drink. He said sure. Great. So I'm asking another co-worker today (a man but not the brother) what should I wear because I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard. He said it already looks like I am trying too hard because I invited him for the drink. Thoughts?????

Nah -- you're not trying to hard.... not sure why this other guy said that. I think you're fine and going for drinks is really casual!
  • catherine4211
    Options
    WTF-ever. Trying too hard because you invited him for a drink? Ignore this.

Thanks!!
  • catherine4211
    Options
    I knew you'd make me feel better - thanks!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Almost every guy on here has said that they love it when a woman asks them out. You are in the clear. Also your coworker can slap nuts.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're definitely not trying too hard, you're making an effort which is a good thing.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think you should ignore every thread on here where the majority of guys say that it is silly for a woman to wait for a guy to ask her out. After seeing it in practice, the theory just doesn't hold water. It is clear you are very desperate and/or easy. I suggest you wear something that makes it easy for you to get your heals up by your ears. Based on your behavior of asking this guy out, I don't see how you can possibly make it out of the parking lot before you are in that position.

I really hope the sarcasm is obvious in this post.
  • catherine4211
    Options
    Oh lord - you almost got me D.............
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    How old is the co-worker that said that and how long has he been married? He's obviously clueless when it comes to dating.
  • catherine4211
    Options
    How old is the co-worker that said that and how long has he been married? He's obviously clueless when it comes to dating.

He is 34 and has been married 12 or so years.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

He is 34 and has been married 12 or so years.

The married 12 years part sounds about right for someone to make a comment like that... just wait til he gets divorced :laugh: :tongue:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on both counts.....asking a guy for a drink is not trying too hard, and since he is going, he was not put off by it, and keep it casual while stil looking HOT :drinker:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Ignore dumb married guy.

As for what to wear, casual but sexy. Is it horrible that I have a 1st date outfit!? I wore it to every 1st date since moving here and it worked like a charm. Sleazy huh?? I called it my lucky 1st date gear...
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask how old the coworker was too, cuz wow----it's 2012. Not 1912! I'm glad you asked the other guy, and hopefully you will be, too. :)
  • catherine4211
    Options
    Ignore dumb married guy.

As for what to wear, casual but sexy. Is it horrible that I have a 1st date outfit!? I wore it to every 1st date since moving here and it worked like a charm. Sleazy huh?? I called it my lucky 1st date gear...

What is the outfit??? How sexy? I know you wear dresses so is it a dress?
  • catherine4211
    Options
    I was going to ask how old the coworker was too, cuz wow----it's 2012. Not 1912! I'm glad you asked the other guy, and hopefully you will be, too. :)

IDK - I really miss bird #1. But thanks....
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Its a white short ruffled skirt, black flat sandals and a tight black 3/4 sleeve top. Simple and casual but sexy. I got compliments every time!

By the way, I'm sorry about do-do bird #1. I know you're hurting but you deserve someone who IS in love with you... Still, it sucks. :(