The Bourne Legacy

Could y'all hear me screaming at the top of my lungs about the inhumanity of it all?!?

Let me just say that this is not a bad movie, but it certainly does not come off as a Bourne movie, some things are just expected with the Bourne franchise and this was hit and miss all the way through. About 30 minutes into it I swore I was watching a remake of The Fugitive (which is also a decent movie)

I'm not a huge Matt Damon fan and was completely ok with Jeremy Renner stepping in and I actually think Jeremy makes a very believable action hero but ya gotta give the man something to work with! I thought the bike chase was rather impressive, I'm a girl so take that with a grain of salt :P

For the rest of the ladies, also watching for the plot :P That man is fine! And sadly only half naked a few times, but I'm letting it go only because of the big beefy biceps. ;)

Lastly, W.T.F. at the ending?!??

Replies

• Have put off watching this as i love the Matt Damon Bourne's but what was that about Renner getting his kit off.....!?!!? top of must watch list now! :laugh:
  • uncarvedblock
    uncarvedblock Posts: 35 Member
    Have put off watching this as i love the Matt Damon Bourne's but what was that about Renner getting his kit off.....!?!!? top of must watch list now! :laugh:

He starts and ends the film shirtless. Tony Gilroy deserves an Oscar for this alone :love:

I only watched the Damon Bourne films in preparation for this (I'm a massive movie geek but somehow had never got around to watching them) as I wanted to go in with a knowledge of the series, rather than JUST to perve at Renner (who am I kidding...lets just say i saw it more than once...).

I really like Identity and Ultimatum (not so keen on Supremacy) and I can see why long-time fans aren't all that keen on Legacy, however I enjoyed it for the most part despite the plot holes and the rushed ending. Rachel Weisz is great, Ed Norton is wasted, there are some great set pieces.

Did I mention shirtless frozen/sweaty Renner? His magnificent arms? :tongue: