10 lbs. Hour

Options
Wpbarr
Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
This morning I was thinking about all of the fat I have lost while still looking at the expansive paunch I have yet to lose. It seems like an insurmountable task at times. Even though I have lost 1/3 of my goal to lose, I'm still fat and at times, I don't feel all that different. That started a thought, which is always a dangerous thing (according to my wife!).

I put 50 lbs of free weights into a backpack and I carried it around for an hour. I did the usual Saturday morning chores around the house/garden, all the stuff I procrastinate doing during the week.

Guys, that was just the reminder I needed! When I took the pack off, I was dashing around like a squirrel from one chore to the other. I think from now on, whenever I lose 10 more lbs, I'm going to add that to the backpack and live with that weight for an hour to remind myself how far I really have come, and why I'm doing this.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome idea, I do not know if i am strong enough to carry the weight I have lost, My daughter weighs about the same as i lost and just carrying her to bed about kills me. But what a great idea and way to remind yourself of the great things you are doing for your body but not carrying that extra around anymore.
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea, I need to find a strong backpack now.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I like the concept. the problem I have is I wasn't hunchbacked before I lost all the weight and I don't see a reason to place it all in one location on my body to remind me of the weight I was carrying. I could find a way to carry some of it on my stomach. some on my butt, feet, back, etc. I would do it too.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    For me I'd like to tweak this idea a bit. I would like to get a woman's fake pregnancy stomach and wear it around for a while. Then when I look down at my feet (or my junk) they wouldn't be there. Now, after losing 52 pounds I can look down see everything.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Ya, I feel you. I was carrying a cement bag the other day around Home Depot and my lady was asking isn't it heavy to carry around, I told here a year ago i was carrying one filled with fat around my waste.

But I like your idea of using it as a reminder, I might just make myself a weight bag.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    For me I'd like to tweak this idea a bit. I would like to get a woman's fake pregnancy stomach and wear it around for a while. Then when I look down at my feet (or my junk) they wouldn't be there. Now, after losing 52 pounds I can look down see everything.

Everything? That's actually one of my long term goals!