Hello :) New here!

A little bit about me...my husband and I just celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary. We have been ttc for about 5 years. At the 2 year mark, I went to my ob/gyn and told him that I thought something was wrong because we had not gotten pg. I was already in my early 30's. He laughed it off and told me to use ovulation sticks and I would have a baby in my belly the next time he saw me. One year later there was still no baby in my belly. So at the 3 year mark, we went and met with a highly rec. fertility clinic to find out what was going on. We had a really bad experience there. The dr. ran some blood work on me, did a saline ultrasound and said you are fine. Then they wanted my dh to give a sample. The dr. started to blame it all him and that if we ever wanted to get pg, our only option was IVF.

We were so sad and hopeless. By this time I had gained a large amount of weight.

I see another dr. for my bipolar and he gives me a blood test every year. My thyroid was somewhat off, he told me to see my GP. She told me everything was fine. The following year he sent me for my blood work again and my thyroid was off again. He rec. I see an endocrinologist.

So in April of this year, I went to one. He ran 1 blood test and told me I had PCOS and was not ovulating. I started to cry, he was the first dr. that ever helped me. I also am overweight and could not lose a lb. He has an action plan for me. I have already lost 50 lbs. I am on a type 2 diabetes diet (even though, I don't have diabetes) He also put me on metformin 1,000 mg...that is all my stomach can handle. I'm also on spironolactone for the extra hair.....a few on my face and a patch on my stomach.....gross! I have 88 more lbs to lose and then he will give me fertility medicine.

Lastly, I just turned 39 in June. I never thought that I would be 39 and without children. I really hope this is our year!:smile:

Replies

• Caryn03
    Caryn03 Posts: 62 Member
    Good Luck to you Blondie. I am glad to hear that you have now pinpointed down what you have and what to do. That is how I was when they told me I had PCOS only a few months ago I just found out. But now I am glad that they know what they are doing and have an action plan for me.

I am trying to lose weight to help the medicine that they are currently giving me. So we can do this! Congrats on the first 50 lbs you lost. That is awesome. I don't know what the type 2 diabetes diet is, but sounds like it is working for you. How long did it take you to lose 50 lbs?

Good luck to you and keep your head up. We can do this. Our journey is just beginning.