new to group

Options
Hi to everyone - I have had fibro and arthritis for the past 20 years. My tongue even hurts most of the time. My husband thinks if I just take enough vitamins and work out and lose weight that I will suddenly be healed. It does not matter to him how many times I've told him that I have no energy to work out - I think he believes I'm just lazy. He has no idea how I feel. I'm grateful this group is here. At least we can relate to each other. I have found a workout that was designed for chronic pain. It was on public Tv one night as a fund raiser for them. I thought I'd try it since pain pills, physical therapy, counseling, numerous books on the topic, lots of different antidepressants, natural therapys and lots of drs haven't cured me or helped that much.

I have to say it helps a lot. It's called t-tapp by Teresa tapp. I'm not trying to sell anything - just passing along something that has helped me. I am always looking for something that helps. And even with the t-tapp, I have to make myself do it, but I always feel better afterwards. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Stagemom77
    Options
    Could someone tell me how to delete this double post? I was writing it on my kindle and accidentally posted twice - I can't seem to find the "delete" button. Thanks :)
  • lhulewsky
    Options
    My husband does not understand either. It's a bit annoying but it is what it is. I got a Qi Gong workout that I saw on public TV and it's awesome too. Lee Holden is the person in the video. If I do it regularly I'm good. Not really good but a little bit better. I don't always have the energy or take the time to do it so I'm in constant pain that even wakes me up at night. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to friend me if you want. I will try to encourage you...
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to empathize when you don't feel the same debilitation. One daughter is this way towards me. It's nice to be young and oblivious, right? :tongue:

This helps me find extra empathy for others. It's too easy to judge if you yourself have not walked in the other's metaphorical shoes.

At least in this group, there is plenty of empathy and understanding!

-Deb