New to BWLW

GLAD TO BE HERE IM IN NEED OF A WORKOUT PARTNER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME

Replies

• Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Glad to be here too, been looking for a supportive group like this.
  • BWLWAjima
    BWLWAjima Posts: 27 Member
    Welcome!
  • I just found this group, this is very helpful. Seems like everyone needs support, I turn 40 tommorow, and im all about getting healthy, went on vacation and saw women, in two piece bathing suits, who knew better than that. No, I am not judging anyone, I applaud the high self esteem, however, in the reality of things sometimes less is more, especially if your stomach covers your bikini bottom. After seeing all of that, I feel that its just time, i dont want to take any medication because Im overwieght. Too many people have died because they dont have enough to eat, and too many have died because they ate too much. Healthier you/Healthier me.
  • I suddenly found my self at 40 with a weight problem. I never had a weight or work out issue. But I loss both my sister & brother 2 years ago within a week of one another and I have gone from a 150 to 205pds. I have 5 children & I've never weighed this much when I was pregnant. Luckily I have a very wonderful husband who still compliments me, but honestly I just want to fit back in my clothes & I want my motivation back. My daughter has really been pushing me to stick to my diet so I have cut out all red meat, but I really need to get into exercising. I need to stay motivated. Any support I really appreciate. I have purchased kinect, zuma, dance central. I just need to stay positive that it wont happen over night.
  • charris0312
    charris0312 Posts: 13 Member
    Hello Ladies... I'm so glad I found this group... :heart:
  • KNHook
    KNHook Posts: 1 Member
    I recently saw a friend of mine liking BWLW on facebook, and ending up liking the page as well. I am happy to join the group, and just wanted to be a part of like minded women. I am 35, at a time that I am choosing to be more selfish. I give of myself to my children, my husband, and other family and friends. It is my time, and in this time I am ready to drop the excess baggage. Also, I am enjoying this website and accompanying app. It has really showed me where I can improve my eating habits and exercise routines. I look forward to the support of the group, and supporting my sistas in reaching their weight loss goals.
  • I like this......
    Too many people have died because they dont have enough to eat, and too many have died because they ate too much. Healthier you/Healthier me.
  • Lovelyladydawn
    Lovelyladydawn Posts: 41 Member
    Just hang in there!!! You'll reach your goal!!
  • Lovelyladydawn
    Lovelyladydawn Posts: 41 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your journey to a healthier you!!
  • New to BwLW.... Great group hoping to get the movation I need to keep on my weightloss journey... And also on the way inspire others. Who is in my shoes...
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Member of the BWLW facebook page, I had no idea there was a group on here until she posted about it! Yay! Hi everyone :smile:
  • I just downloaded this app to my phone and have been using it for the past two weeks....I LOVE IT!!!!! It has definitely made me more aware of what and how much I'm eating. Along with working out, and using MyFitnessPal, I've lost 6 lbs so far. I'm aiming for 20lbs, but if I lose more than that...it's all good. In just the short amount of time that I've been using the app and exercising, I feel better, have more energy, sleep better and am making healthier food choices for myself as well as my kids. I can definitely use all the encouragement I can get. Plus, my boyfriend is deployed and I want to surprise him with a "better me" when he comes home. Thx BWLW!!!! You guys ROCK!!!!! :happy:
  • jrp306
    jrp306 Posts: 1 Member
    new to BWLW looking for weight loss suggestions. I have found that i do best when i see immeidate results. Does anyone have recommendations on a safe way to get a jump start? i had a baby 2 years ago - spent more than half my pregnancy on partial bed rest. My little one had complications when he was born so needless to say getting the weight off was the furthest thing from my mind..... but now he's a healthy growing boy and we're blessed for the experience now it's time to pull "ME" back together... thanks in advance for any info you have to share
  • BWLWAjima
    BWLWAjima Posts: 27 Member
    Welcome Ladies. I think this new group is a great new addition to the BWLW family of sites.

Don't forget to check out our weekly Monday night live chats (on Facebook and www.blackwomenlosingweight.com ), as well as our monthly challenges.

Much Love!