Intros

freyaskitty
freyaskitty Posts: 50 Member
Wassail!

My name is Lisa, also known as Astryd. I started this group to help myself and other Heathens on this difficult journey.

I started my pagan path as a Wiccan in 1993 and oathed myself to Asatru in December 1995. Wow...almost 17 years ago! Time does fly! I was very active in the 'community' for several years but for the past 5 years, I've been focusing more on my hearth and kindred, which has been together for 13 years. Our kindred is somewhat 'Theodish' flavored but not truly Theodish as we don't believe the luck of our 'tribe' is held by a single person.

Let's see...I'm 49, married, have a beautiful 5 year-old step-son. My husband is a pagan-friendly Atheist. I've been married all of 4 years (in September). Career wise, I'm looking again. I taught medical classes for 8 years at a private college that went under so right now, I'm at home. Have to say, I am truly enjoying being the 'Lady of the House', and my husband is truly enjoying all the delicious homemade meals every night. And the clean house. LOL

My personal thought is as a Heathen, we should strive to be the best we can, not only mentally and spiritually, but also physically. This part has been a challange for me. I'm assuming if you are here, it's been a challange for you as well.

So let's travel this road together, my Heathen friends.

Havamal 47.
Young was I once, I walked alone,
and bewildered seemed in the way;
then I found me another and rich I thought me,
for man is the joy of man.

Replies

• Sera890
    Sera890 Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for the add!

My name is Sarah. I started identifying as a pagan around 1996 and that path has taken me through several traditions, including Wicca and neo-Wicca. I came to Heathenry several years ago and I finally feel like I've found something that "fits".

I'm 31 and currently a stay-at-home mom while my husband finishes out his Army career. We've been married for almost 5 years and have a beautiful 3 year old daughter named Emma. I'm getting ready to go back to school to earn a degree in secondary education (fancy for high school teacher) and am currently trying to finish my first novel.

I was in a kindred briefly but they disbanded a few months back, so I don't currently have much face-to-face interaction with a heathen community. I hope to change that once we get moved and settled in.
  • freyaskitty
    Wassail Sarah!

So glad you joined.

In Grith,
    Lisa :)

Thanks for the add!

My name is Sarah. I started identifying as a pagan around 1996 and that path has taken me through several traditions, including Wicca and neo-Wicca. I came to Heathenry several years ago and I finally feel like I've found something that "fits".

I'm 31 and currently a stay-at-home mom while my husband finishes out his Army career. We've been married for almost 5 years and have a beautiful 3 year old daughter named Emma. I'm getting ready to go back to school to earn a degree in secondary education (fancy for high school teacher) and am currently trying to finish my first novel.

I was in a kindred briefly but they disbanded a few months back, so I don't currently have much face-to-face interaction with a heathen community. I hope to change that once we get moved and settled in.
  • Wassail, everyone!

My name is Leigh, but I also go by Liutfrid among the folc. I come from a Theodish background, but we have changed a few things around since the split from our old Theod.
    I don't know how much religion has to do with my desire to lose weight, but I certainly want to be at my best. I want to be the kind of wife my husband can be proud of, and I feel like I've gotten away from that.
    I am excited to be part of a Heathen group, since I get a little frustrated from all the well-meaning Christian advice. It'll be nice to have some friends that aren't going to quote Bible verses at me when I'm struggling!! I hope to make lots and lots of friends here!

I'll probably add more later, but I'm at work and I'm getting a little distracted :tongue:

Wela!

Liutfrid
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Hey there everyone!

My name is Sherry, though most call me Shy. Though I've identified as a pagan most of my life I only recently found Heathenry while searching around the internet for Norse Gods. The more I read about it the more it just felt like home to my heart. I would love to be apart of a Heathen group. The people I know are either Catholic or have no religion so this has always been a path I walk alone. I would love to have support from a Heathen group and finally have someone I can learn more from, if you don't mind having someone new to all this in your group.
  • freyaskitty
    Wassail Liulfrid!

Glad to meet you.

I agree with you about the religion stuff. I, too, get a bit frustrated with well-meaning Christians. That's why I started this group! I promis I won't quote Bible versus but all's fair with the Havamal. ;P

In Grith,

Wassail, everyone!

My name is Leigh, but I also go by Liutfrid among the folc. I come from a Theodish background, but we have changed a few things around since the split from our old Theod.
    I don't know how much religion has to do with my desire to lose weight, but I certainly want to be at my best. I want to be the kind of wife my husband can be proud of, and I feel like I've gotten away from that.
    I am excited to be part of a Heathen group, since I get a little frustrated from all the well-meaning Christian advice. It'll be nice to have some friends that aren't going to quote Bible verses at me when I'm struggling!! I hope to make lots and lots of friends here!

I'll probably add more later, but I'm at work and I'm getting a little distracted :tongue:

Wela!

Liutfrid
  • freyaskitty
    Wassail Shy!

Well welcome to the group and more importantly, welcome home! I think we can all understand the feeling of finally finding the path that is in your heart.

In Grith,
    Hey there everyone!

My name is Sherry, though most call me Shy. Though I've identified as a pagan most of my life I only recently found Heathenry while searching around the internet for Norse Gods. The more I read about it the more it just felt like home to my heart. I would love to be apart of a Heathen group. The people I know are either Catholic or have no religion so this has always been a path I walk alone. I would love to have support from a Heathen group and finally have someone I can learn more from, if you don't mind having someone new to all this in your group.
  • silverjezture
    silverjezture Posts: 46 Member
    Hellos

I am Theresa - soon to be divorced mom of three soon to be full-time college student. I am eclectic pagan, usually identifying with Bast but I saw your group and just had to come in- so please welcome a novice into your hearth and we can build our temples to the skies together.
  • freyaskitty
    Wassail and welcome!

Whew! You have a lot on your proverbial plate! Glad you're here.

In Grith,
    Hellos

I am Theresa - soon to be divorced mom of three soon to be full-time college student. I am eclectic pagan, usually identifying with Bast but I saw your group and just had to come in- so please welcome a novice into your hearth and we can build our temples to the skies together.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Hi ladies! Been part of this group for a while, thought I better introduce myself :)

My name is Hannah, I've been on a Heathen path since I started forming my own opinions. Like many, I went through the almost obligatory Wiccan phase but that didn't last very long for me. I had my first real, tangible spiritual experience when I was going through a really tough time, and I suddenly felt the warmth of arms around me, and smelt straw and that unmistakable, ionized electrical smell that comes with a storm, and I just instinctively knew it was Thor. Since then I've been dedicated to him, but through my own dabblings with magical and shamanic reconstructionism I'm fairly dedicated to Freyja and Odin.
    I know no one else really that follows the same path as me. I have one 'Asatruar' friend I correspond with online, but he has a much more atheistic view of things.
    My spiritual beliefs have never really played much part in my desire to change my body, but I guess being the best I can for my gods means looking after myself and making sure I'm in the best possible health.

:)
  • HildeDanmark
    HildeDanmark Posts: 65 Member
    Hi! *waves* I'm Nerissa and I've been Asatru for a long time. I'm getting married to a wonderful Danish man, who is also Asatru (that's how we met) and moving to Denmark in 6 days!

I've lost a little over 24 pounds so far, have another 9,8 to go to get to a healthy wait and about another 19 to my goal.

We are both pretty serious about our faith, and are both dedicated to Thor as well (I've even got the tattoo in runes).
  • Sera890
    Sera890 Posts: 36 Member
    Welcome to the group, Nerissa and Hannah!!
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Seems kinda post-Ragnarok here, but what the heck...
    Vanatru/Asatru mom here. Would love to meet any others.

~ Cheers!
  • CharbyOttawa
    CharbyOttawa Posts: 49 Member
    Welcome, InaraReynolds!

In frith,

Sylvie
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Hi, I'm Carrie and I'm still here. I track better in the summer when I have time.