Hair Type

Options
kay1188
kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
Is hair typing important to you? (give reason)
What's your hair type?
Which products work for your hair type

Replies

• TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No important to me
    I have curly hair
    Taliah Waajid and now starting to experiment with other products as I workout so much that I am needing moisture.
  • tata2g3
    tata2g3 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mine is 4b/4c
    I use Wen and shea moisture products? My hair is still really dry though and I have A lot of shedding. I'm not really sure if the amount of shedding is normal though. :-/
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yeah, i shed alot too, wish i knew why.
  • kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian Silky has a great line of products... Check out this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOZoVYFbLnk
  • fewmoremilestogo
    fewmoremilestogo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 4b/4c
    Hair typing is useful when you are trying to figure which products will work on your hair.
    I use and LOVE original moxie. It's the only line that keeps my dry hair soft. I also co-wash with Yes to Carrots. I'm still looking for a good deep conditioner. Does anyone have any recommendations?
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 4a/b, I've found that my hair likes moisture rich products with a dose of protein thrown in. I like Wen tea tree conditioner, Suave Shea almond shampoo and conditioner. I am currently looking for a leave in and styler, I think I may go back to Qhemet or tryout BASK.
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 4a/b or OS on LOIS. I like hair typing b/c it lets me compare products, techniques, and styles others use to my own hair. I've never seen it as a hierarchy as some do.

I use terressentials shampoo, shea moisture moisturizers, my own whipped shea butter, various oils, and light gels. I like my routine to be as simple as possible. I have to use heavy products b/c these lovely coils and kinks can get DDDRRRYYYY! lol
  • EarthyChocl8AKA
    Options
    I'm a 4a-b and I'm lovin it!