How do I manage dinner if I'm low calories for the day?

Options
Hi All,
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how to manage my dinner meal when I have not been able to consume very many calories so far that day and hope you can offer advice. I have had a few days recently where on accident or because work was to buy I've only consumed about 700 calories before dinner time. My BMR is 1680 and I generally try to eat at least 1700 calories. I often bike to work and home for lunch then back to work then home again and would also like to fit an evening workout in but am afraid of to much of a deficit when I'm already behind. Should I be consuming 1000 calorie dinners??? That doesn't seem right but if I'm not careful with my activity I can end up with almost a 2000 calorie deficit which also seems wrong. Should I consume a moderate amount and not exercise on purpose? Or should I just not worry and eat a normal dinner, workout and eat a snack before bed if I'm hungry?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks

Replies

• Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I know you wrote this in August, but personally, I'd work on increasing what I eat during the day but introducing calorie dense foods, add almonds, avocado and protein shakes to boost it up.