Biden....

Options
lour441
lour441 Posts: 543 Member
Haha Biden is a train wreck.

“Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street,” Biden told a crowd of about 800. “They're going to put y’all back in chains.”

Question to the liberals here. Wouldn't you love it if Obama replaced Biden with Clinton?

Replies

• LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Apparently the concept of a metaphor escapes you. Joe Biden was responding to the Paul Ryan remarks about "unshackling the economy" and giving markets and its overseers even less regulation than it already has. Ryan's shackles comment, however, made no news because there was not a black person within miles of his event.

If Republicans want to go to battle over racial insensitivity, this is a fight that they have already lost. I don't see any diversity on the current GOP ticket.

-Debra
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Apparently the concept of a metaphor escapes you. Joe Biden was responding to the Paul Ryan remarks about "unshackling the economy" and giving markets and its overseers even less regulation than it already has. Ryan's shackles comment, however, made no news because there was not a black person within miles of his event.

If Republicans want to go to battle over racial insensitivity, this is a fight that they have already lost. I don't see any diversity on the current GOP ticket.

-Debra

/hug Debra

You didn't answer my question but I am guessing I already know the answer :smile:
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    He used *their* imagery, but *he's* the train wreck? Fascinating.

As to the question, I'd love to see Hillary as the VP, but it has nothing to do with Biden's ability. I just like seeing her eviscerate people I don't like.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hillary is awesome but so is Joe. I would be happy with either of them on the ticket.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    As others have already explained, you failed entirely in catching the irony of Joe's comment.

To answer your question, Hilary isn't on the ticket, but she has done an incredible job as Secretary of State, so we already have her in a high-ranking position. Joe Biden is a good pick for Obama as VP just as he was in 2008.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Switching vp is a desparate shake-up-the-race move that signals an incumbent's real fear of losing. As much as Obama haters would love to it, it ain't gonna happen.

It's the equivalent of throwing a Hail Mary like Palin . . . or Ryan.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    No I wouldn't. While Biden does make endless gaff's, I get what he was saying here.

Also HRC has to prep for 2016 she doesn't have time to be veep. :)