Starting Insanity? Here are my 65 day results...

Options
JulieisaC
JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
On 6/3 when I began Insanity, I weighed 165. Today, after finishing, and on my second week of P90X, I'm at 139. Here are my fit test numbers side by side compared with day one. (As a side note, I also tripled my rest period on day one between sets!!! No more!)

Switch kicks: 62 (hella low) to 140 (at least waist high)
Power jacks: 35 (bad form) to 65 (good form)
Power knees: 63 to 123
Power jumps: 16 to 81 (hell yeah!!! Much easier without my gut in the way!!!)
Globe jumps: 4ish to 14
Suicide jumps: 13 (no height) to 24 (at least 6 inches)
Push up jacks: 16 to 43
Low plank obliques: 16 (or 8) to 80 (or 40)

No pics, but you get the idea! I wanted to post this not only because I'm proud, but also to show that it's just a workout, if you do it, you'll get better, and if I can do it, do can you! On day one, the test killed me and for the first several weeks I not only had to triple my rest periods, i had to warm up for 15 minutes prior to the workout because the real warm up put me at max heart rate! Friend me if you want tips from a regular ole former big girl who's completed the program. I'm not and will never be another Beach Body coach trying to sell you stuff;)

Thanks for reading, happy workout to all!

Replies

• GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    One word. Awesome... I am going to be buying it soon so I can gain the stamina I need for the Navy. Your post is very motivational; I love it!
  • criss1210
    Options
    Wow! Very motivating! I started Insanity and got half way finished when I started skipping days and before you know it, I stopped all together. I didn't lose much weight but I did lose several inches all around my body, today my husband and I started the workout together. I'm looking forward to finshing the program, I think it will be a great help having a workout buddy this time around so we can keep each other accountable.
  • martinezm11
    Options
    Awesome!

I just started on Monday! This is my first time. I'm walking around like a duck, super sore, but I can't it to see what Insanity has to offer me!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    amazing job :)
  • entropybaby
    entropybaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I haven't done Insanity in over a week- last workout I hadn't eaten enough and "bonked" during the warmup- but I love that I hate Shaun T and spend the whole DVD cursing at him! A real stress reliever. I am having a tough time recovering strength after a difficult and sedentary pregnancy, and it's infuriating for me! Yes, I'm a big girl- my "military me" hates it, so I feel right at home with the serious intensity and yelling- guess that's what motivates me! LOL Hoping to keep up some motivation to keep at it. I'm not aiming for following the program perfectly (yet), but getting in 3-4 of those workouts along with my normal routine would be awesome. Glad you guys are here!