GENERAL CHIT-CHAT

Options
bada_bing
bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
So ladies, I have joined the push-up group. I know how valuable push-ups are and I want to be stronger.

I have checked out the web site and am excited. I have also downloaded the ipad app and am ready to go.

Questions:

Do you all do the real push ups or do you do knee push ups or counter............I know it doesn't matter but let's face it, counter pushups are way easier....although doing some last night had me breathing harder....lol. So, to do the fitness test, do you do the real push ups? Can't quite figure out which level I should start on!

How are you all logging on here? Looks a bit confusing?

Looking forward to chatting with you all...by the way, how many are still active here?

Replies

• GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bada_Bing!

I'm a day behind, and trying to figure out if I can squeeze them in today. I think you make the fifth member.

We have the week # from when we started. You would enter your week 1 info on Week 6, (or week 7 if you start next week). Just pick the date closest to you. If you are working Sunday/Tues/Thurs or Mon/Wed/Fri Sunday or Monday would be your day 1 of that week. If you can come up with a better system, please feel free to suggest it!

You don't want to compare yourself to how others are doing ... for me, at least, that can be discouraging. I compare my progress from one session to another.

That being said: I was able to easily do 15 knee pushups during the initial test. I was looking for a bit of a challenge, so I switched over to standard pushups. I was only able to do six. Since July 6, I've built up my strength and endurance. I can now do 36 w/o stopping, or about 83 in five sets.

Good luck!