Day 4, 17 August, Friday

Options
svesemenja
svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
So I put the date in the topic title, and day of the week...

The weather here is weird... there are clouds and it looks like its going to rain, but its very warm.. i am hoping for some rain... yesterday there was some rain, but immediately after the sun showed and it became hot...

Oh yes, we have a science week at university.. OMG so many kids.. thousands of them.. and they are everywhere... i could not pass yesterday.. hope today will be better...

so goals for today: eat vegetables!! :) and do exercise..

hope all of you ladies will have a wonderful day!!

Replies

• KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It''s Friday and my last day of work for a week as going to the Isle of Wight to visit my Mum tomorrow. Not sure how often I'll be able to log on so if you dont hear from me for a few days, I havent deserted you. She eats very healthily so I wont be doing any binge eating. I also wont have much if any opportunity to run either, but we will walk a lot.

Starting and finishing work late today as taking my daughter to the orthadontist to get her measured up for a brace this morning. (That'll be one less Brit with bad teeth!) A change of routine can lead to wrong food choices for me so need to plan my meals in a minute.

I have not been able to find out how to upload photos onto these posts so if anyone can tell me I would be greatful. My daughter took a mad photo of Florence my Viszla this week which will make you laugh!
    Kate
  • dwyadygwyad
    dwyadygwyad Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

Yesterday was successful despite some challenges. I went out for drinks/ food which normally puts me way over-

But I sped home early and got a run/walk in and ate and drank like a lady. One and a half beer and sushi. There was sesame oil in my calamari salad which leads me to believe there are more calories than accounted for but I really didn't eat much of it.

I can't believe I'm quoting this girl, but Bethany Frankel says to never eat, but to always taste. That pretty much sums up where I'm going in my life.

Friday night is pizza night in our house and I have a big meeting for work, so I'll have to keep my game face on all day.

Envisioning myself 5 lbs lighter at end of this with a renewed sense of accomplishment and control.

Have a great day everyone,
    Alice
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This morning I woke up earlier than planned (again!) Which messes up my whole food clock. I have my whole day planned but I have a coupon for a free sandwich from one of my favorite restaurants. Even plain, it is 360 cals so it limits my snacks for the day.

On another note, I've been plateaued between 195&201 for about 3 months now. This week ive broken through it! 193.2!!!!! I've literally been going down a lb a day doing the same thing as always. Ive upped my cardio and joined this group. Thats all thats changed. :) I'm really excited to break into the 180s. It'll be the first time I weighed that since elementary schook.

Have a great day everyone!

Becky
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    Good Morning,

The last couple of days have not ended up being what I plan. Family is here and there has been some unexpected meals out so I picked the best that I could. Excercise has been a struggle. The way I am going to combat this is to make a meal/exercise schedule starting on Sunday for the next week and put it on my fridge. This way it will always be there telling me what I need to do.

Have a great day everyone.

Natasha
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Today we are starting a biggest loser competition a twork for 8 weeks. Since today was the weigh in day, I decided to splurge last night. Drinks with my husband followed up with by a Quarter Pound With Cheese and Fries at McDonalds. I just love McDonalds. I was hoping that the salt content and not so goodness of my actions would have me up this morning but nothing I could not take off real fast. Probably not the best idea.

So this morning I got up and did Day 4 of the 30 day shred. Push Ups are becoming easier. I hate when the sweat rolls into my eyes. I absolutely love the feeling of accomplishment when my exercise is done.

Today - It's Friday.
    First major hurdle of the day is that a cube mate brought in TONS of leftover Panera Bread. All different types of bread, sourdough, foccacia, bagels of all varities, baguettes, loafs, french, everything. Of course my husband who works at the same place I do finds a cookie and places it on my desk. Halfway through eating the cookie I look up the calories 200 for half of it. The other half is resting in my trash can.

The rest of the day will be a breeze. Until tonight.
    Friday is ALWAYS bar night. I already plan on mostly abstaining and since I already indulged in a cookie I don't think that there will be much room for it anyway.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today I did Insanity- pure cardio and it was just awful! lol. It was so hard but great workout! And TOM showed up this morning but I did my workout anyways. Usually I take the day off but I didn't want to fall off track. Tomorrow I have plyo again then finally a rest day on Sunday. I might go high on calories today.
  • AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I did well all day yesterday, but then somehow resorted to some sweet honey BBQ chips right before bed. Not good.

But, I am leaving that behind and envisioning a better day today. I hope to get another brisk walk in. My husband took tonight off, so what I'm doing tonight is a surprise. My husband and I work opposite shifts, so my biggest time to fail is at night when I am home alone. However, I'm going to fight it, because I will feel better after I have lost weight than all those late night snacks taste. And I am loving how exercising is making me feel.

Have a great day and a great weekend, all!
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! At least to any U.S. West Coasters (if they're in here). Today is a rest day in my training plan and because the race is next Sunday I am sticking to it. So excited to have a much needed date with my dear friend. It's been a long week and I get to go see a friend, buy a new toy and have a little ice cream.

Here's to a fab Friday!
  • greeniam
    greeniam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the add!

These groups always help me. On my 2nd day of 6 for this work week. Blegh. I won't stress eat, though. I promise! See you guys later!

I hope everyone has a great day today!
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    still feeling really blah and not sleeping didn't help finally fell asleep at dawn then the dogs woke up at 7:30 duh we were out at 3am but they are creatures of routine so i'm dragging myself around there are no sugary things around so thats good no sweet binge.

Today is also a run day so trying to find the motivation to get out the door

hope everyone has a great weekend
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Everything is irritating me today, including myself. When I feel like this I want to eat! I want potato chips, pretzels, cheese, olives, crackers, all at one time - its just I'm craving carbs - geez!!

I didn't sleep well last night and this morning, if irritating work wasn't calling, i would have stayed in bed all morning listening to the rain and lounging. It irritated me that i had to get up for work! :smile:

It cant be boredom - I have a zillions things to do at work and home - but not going to do them today. That "to do" list is irritating me as well.....................

It might be hormones - so they are irritating me today too!!!

Anyone else ever feel this way?
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Aloha all!

Don't know what on earth was up with me last night. I just could not stay asleep. I woke up every hour on the hour all night long, and tossed and turned like crazy. Feeling kind of light-headed and fuzzy right now :( Plus I've got an exam today! Not a good combination. Oh dear. Will be happy when today is over!