It's Friday!

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
What are single peeps up to this weekend?

No plans for me--going to stay in and unpack in the rain :(

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Going away Happy Hour for a good friend who's moving to Orlando tonight and day trip to Zanesville, OH (an hour drive) to try out a brewery and hit a new park for a short hike with the new guy. Sunday will be used for catching up on life stuff (errands, laundry, cleaning, etc). The weather is supposed to be great - looking forward to being outdoors and not being hot!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    No social plans, but I have some DIY jobs that have been waiting for me all summer. I think I'm going to scrape out the popcorn ceiling in a couple closets and paint them, then I'll get some shelving up in one of them. If I'm ambitious, I'll finish both. I have nothing to hang coats on in the downstairs closet (former owner obviously took it out), so that one is top of my list. Might do some tiling on the back of my breakfast bar if I have the time and energy - this will match my new back splash that went in in February. Sorry for babbling, but I love my DIY! LOL!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a half day today at work. Transfering out of my university and apartment hunting in Michigan while I'm in Illinois. Still debating if I want to get a roommate or an apartment by myself and get a dog to keep me company. I'm having my going away karaoke party tonight. Should be fun to see all my friends before I go.
    Saturday I plan on getting an oil change, hanging with the family, and a friend of mine's suprise party.
    Sunday is church and starting to pack (getting boxes and pricing movers).
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Nothing too incredibly exciting here. Getting my tire I had to change yesterday fixed (a screw in the tread), fertilizing my fruit trees, pruning some bushes, domestic goddess stuff, and maybe try to read some.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Have a friend's birthday night out for drinks tonight. Tomorrow another friend's birthday party... she's a little crazy so this party is the whole deal! Fire dancers, leis handed out on entering, a spit roast, etc....50 people crammed in her backyard, haha, so it should be fun.

Sunday I'm helping a friend prep for an interview with my company. Really hope he gets the job :happy:

Otherwise, it's a fun weekend of grass cutting, laundry, etc to recover from vacation.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    FRIDAY - yippee!

This afternoon my best friend in the entire world is coming to visit! I LOVE her! LOL So excited... my house isn't as clean as I'd like it to be ... have had a week from hell so I'm trying not to stress too much. I know she won't judge me, but still. Hate chaos!

We've been invited (my kids as well) to the firefighters BBQ tonight. My "friend" invited us up so we'll probably go. Damn I wish this guy wasn't so hot and cold! LOL

Saturday - picking up my bountiful basket -- www.bountifulbaskets.org -- and then will probably go to lunch with my bestie for my birthday - it's next week but she's leaving Saturday night.

Sunday - I have to work a little to make up for some hours I've sluffed at work due to my kids' first week at school... bosses daughter, you know... I get NO slack! LOL

Oh and I plan on working out Saturday and Sunday... hope to get a couple really good runs in as well as some weights tossed around.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    LOL for once I'm staying home this weekend. the kids start school on Monday and this is there weekend at my house so I want it to be low key so they can get back into their routine as smoothly as possible.

Tonight after the kids go to sleep Mr. Nice guy is coming over and were gonna watch a movie.:bigsmile:

Other than that I have no really plans . Saturday I work and sunday I wanna watch movies at the house with the kiddies and try to get them to fall asleep at a decent hour. They are so excited about going back to school -its cute :laugh:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Bonfire with the kiddos roasting weiners and smores.....OMG.

Then clean house and get ready for school!!!!!!! Yay! :flowerforyou: Booo!:cry:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Tonight is dinner with the BF and my sister (i'm hoping they get better acquainted). Tomorrow is helping my dad clean the basement during the day and then the BF and I are going to dinner and a play. A really nice date. :wink: Sunday is probably recovery day.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No major plans this weekend for me. Helping my boy get packed/organized to move back to school early next week. Am giving blood tomorrow. May gather with some friends tomorrow evening as their oldest daughter is leaving for college for the first time....this will involve alcohol.

Must...clean....house!! :grumble:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I just got back from Catalina Island... and this Sunday is a work sponsored spa day! Damn lucky me :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Nothing for tonight but the rest of the weekend is packed.

I have football saturday morning at 10:30 after that run home take a shower and then go to my 8 week hair appointment. Need to cover up these roots. Then Saturday night a friend is having a shot taste test party at his place and we are told to bring sleeping bags if we need to crash there.

Sunday I hope to not be hungover since I have my normal softball followed by going to a local place for drinks/dinner afterwards.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Meeting my father for lunch tomorrow, otherwise no plans. I unexpectedly spent $300 on brake pads for my car this morning, so my entertainment budget is blown this weekend. Luckily the weather is supposed to be perfect here (mid 70's and no humidity) so I think I'll go hiking on Sunday.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of everyone elses plans. I work till 8 tonight. Till 4 tomorrow and Sunday, and till 8 Monday. And my BF is in town until Sunday afternoon.. so I will be missing a lot of precious time with him. :(
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation with the family for a week, leaving tomorrow! :happy:
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'll be at my son's hockey tournament that lasts all weekend. Leaving very early tomorrow. No potential mates, unfortunately. Just hockey parents. At least we'll be drinking tomorrow night. Although I hope I'll be able to find healthy food...

Enjoy everyone!

--P
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Working mostly this evening :yawn:

Hen doo tomorrow - lots of bubbles and fun at a bar along the embankment (Thames). :drinker:

Sunday - recovery! :sick:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Well .. I am off from work until next Thursday! I am soooooo excited about that. I am going to do some cleaning tomorrow .. then ..

ugh .. I have a date. It is with a boy that I have been friends with for a long time .. but never really considered dating. I was telling him about my latest breakup and he said .. finally! I laughed .. of course. He said he wanted to ask me out after my divorce, but didn't want to be a rebound guy or the first guy I dated after my divorce. He said he was waiting for me to be single again to ask me out. haha! He has waited for like a year to ask me out .. I didn't even know he liked me. Anyway .. we are going to dinner tomorrow night. I am nervous and a little bit weirded out .. because he was a friend so long I don't know how this will go. But .. I figure he is cute and sweet .. why not. Only thing is .. he is in the Marines. I usually have a rule about dating military because of the whole deployment thing .. but, he is a recruiter so he is local for at least 3 years .. so .. wish me luck. Can you tell I am nervous .. I just gave you my life story with this man and we haven't even had a date yet. oy.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Working mostly this evening :yawn:

Hen doo tomorrow - lots of bubbles and fun at a bar along the embankment (Thames). :drinker:

Sunday - recovery! :sick:

WTH is a Hen doo??
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Going dancing with girl friends tonight..all dolled up now waiting for my ride.
    And tomorrow a big OA meeting in the morning..lots of friends and hopefully maybe a date in the afternoon..but I think he'll flake
    Sunday afternoon 4 hour kayak if it doesn't rain
    Busy..keeps me from feeling alone lmao.