What weights are you using??

Options
JulieisaC
JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
Up until now, I've only had access to a set of 5lb dumbells (way too little) and a set of 10, which I've been using, but probably also way way too light given number of reps I've been completing. I'm curious what others are using. Also, how are you guys doing on pull up sets? Chairs? Resistance bands?

Replies

• orangebloodedbabe
    orangebloodedbabe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use 8lbs on most, 10 or 15 on rows or presses, and on the mason twist on ab ripper. I do use 5lbs on deep swimmers press and flip grip tricep kickback, oh and lateral raise.
    As far as pull-ups and Chin-ups I use bands because I don't have a pull up bar:-(
  • SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i'm using 25lbs and for chin ups i'm actually using lat pull downs at the gym. i'm still to heavy to pull myself up.
  • brettinlj
    Options
    I have a 25 lb adjustable set branded "Gold's Gym". I picked them up cheap about a year ago at Walmart.com for $39 free shipping. Now they're $59 or so but they've done the job and I would even recommend them at that price.

I think they will get me through my first round of P90X before I'm strong enough to need anything more powerful. If I do need more, I can buy some cheap barbells in the 30 and 35lb ranges.

I do, however, need some resistance bands for the wide grip pull ups. I have a bar that only goes as wide as the doorway (and can't fit the non-permanent chin up bars given crown molding) so I think do get a wide enough grip I will go with the bands.

Is there a brand any of you recommend?

BTW, I'm on Week 2