Sipping on Saturdays goodness!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! we all like to enjoy something good and satisfying to drink...you know when you go "Aaaaah!" LOL!

We all know water is the best but sometimes you want more ways to hydrate...so today challenge yourself to get the most benefits out of your liquid beverages today....they talk all the time about the antioxidants in green tea. But green tea is not the only one! There are hundreds of good quality teas with herbs too that promote health.

Vegetable juice...great way to get in vitamins and minerals!

Use sparkling water/club soda with a small amount of 100% juice (organic if you can) and you get benefits of good juice and the feeling like drinking soda from the carbonated water!

Oh and chocolate milk is so much better if you make your own with real cocoa powder and a sweetener vs all the excess sugar they use in Quick etc.

What are some other healthy beverages you like?

PS I am sipping on raspberry tea now. Aaaah!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yum raspberry tea. I have a friend that makes the best raspberry tea. She does not live close anymore. Bummer. But I am getting me some. I might still have peach tea that was real good. But I will stay away from my fave, Mountain Dew, nothing beneficial in that drink.
  • brittier
    brittier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really love all the Yogi teas. :)

Recently, I've been buying Kroger generic brand Black Cherry Zero Calorie carbonated water (think you can get them at any store). I'm trying to cut back on diet sodas and this really helps! It's especially good if you mix the two!
  • cahice518
    Options
    I already had some V8 juice today. I like the Crystal Light too but I know the artificial sweeteners are not good for you. Not a fan of tea but raspberry & peach sound good.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love club soda with Healthy Balance cranberry juice. It's way less sugar and calories than regular juice. I also like sweet tea made with splenda or stevia. And just the simple addition of a few lemon or lime slices to a glass of cold ice water is really refreshing.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I make my own lemonade and use Stevia to sweeten it! Sluuuurp!!!!!!!!!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    When I make iced coffee, I use a minimum of hot water and a ton of milk, so it is more like drinking milk flavored with coffee. Plus, the milk adds enough sweetness that I don't feel the need to add sugar!