Are you a "Clean Eater" or even a "Raw Eater"

Options
TraeP
TraeP Posts: 68 Member
I know we talk alot about our natural hair and all but, I wanted to switch it up a bit. I have my family on eating clean and some raw foods (only veggies for my daughter no other raw foods) but I was curious as to who else eats raw or clean. I love it and my skin looks alot clearer since I have started but my downfall is BBQ, and it doesn't help that my hubby LOVES IT!!! I also love fish all ways but for some reason I have been wanted fried fish maybe cause I haven't had it in a while.....

Do you have any favorite clean recipes that you could share or you go to for "clean" sweets. Maybe even some foods that have helped improve your hair, nails, and skin. Just curious.

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I am trying to be. Check out skinnytaste.com for good recipes and meal ideas.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I Love my "cream" of tomato soup.

Place in food processor

4-5 medium farm fresh tomatoes
    2 T olive oil
    1/2 of a large cucumber--peeled or unpeeled
    1/4 of yellow or orange pepper
    few leaves of fresh basil or parsley
    1 cup of raw cashews
    1 cup of spring water
    Sea salt to taste

Process----add fresh ground pepper--pour into bowls
    add a slice of avocado and parsley or basil--

Serve chilled or room temp

Delish!
  • MissHector
    MissHector Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just did a food makeover in my household. I'm trying to incoporate more raw and organic food into me and my boyfriend's diets. I want to limit our meat intake to organic free range chicken for now. And I stocked our fridge with naked juice. I hope it isn't too sudden for him. He had his cousin buy him a roast beef sandwich from wawa last night...lol. I'm 27 and he is 29 and I just want us to be healthy. We just found out that he has high blood pressure and I want him around as long as possible. I also found out that I'm slightly anemic and at LEAST 20 pounds overweight. We need to get it together.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Look for Raw eater friends for 2013!!!! January---wanting to go completely raw!
  • kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have been eating raw foods for the past month.... I feel energetic and ALIVE!!!.... weight has been dropping too....