Best kind of shoes?

Options
jfrankic
jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
I'm going to be getting some new shoes before starting the program. What's the best kind of shoes? This girl's on a budget of about $50 so I will be shopping sales. Basically need to know, running vs cross training vs ?? Any special features that will help protect my feet and joints? Thanks!

Replies

• alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It depends! They say cross training but alot of people have found out the best kind of shoes are none and to workout on the carpet. I would say trial and error. If you have weak ankles cross trainers are suppose to be good for that however they also say no shoes helps with the ankle rolling from having shoes. You can get some nice gels if you are worried about your knees. What are your needs exactly??
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't have any specific needs. I have Asics gel running shoes now and they've been great, but my feet are aching after the 90 minutes of exercise I did today and they have been through a beating the past nine months, so I know I am way overdue. I am unable to run due to injury, so I'm open to other types so I thought I would check. I will be on part tile and part carpet depending on the workout, so no shoes probably isn't an option. I'll just go with what is comfy!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes that wouldn't work on tile! :) Good luck! Maybe some in sols would work too possible? I have 3 pairs of running shoes, my asics are my fav out of all of them. I alternate every workout that way I am not rubbing on the same spots all the time too. That helps also... but i am with you. I am ready for a new pair myself. Some cushion ones!!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've checked a lot of places and found these shoes.
    They work super great with insanity. Cross training shoes (you need that for sure)....and light etc...

So I use the : Reebok Zignano Ignite Trainer 2.

Such a good support.

exemple: http://reviews.reebok.com/6339/EG125/reviews.htm
  • lcalvert21
    lcalvert21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sketchers go run are a great trainer, light weight and feels like your bare foot
  • Shazoo00oo
    Shazoo00oo Posts: 7
    Options
    I made the mistake of wearing my running shoes to do Insanity and my knees really hurt because of it, I got some nice light weight cross trainers and it made all the difference in the world
  • Oh_britters
    Oh_britters Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I almost blew out my already injured knee on "In & Out Abs" from wearing running shoes. I realized the thick, stabilizing soles aren't flexible enough. Also they were causing me to pound my feet down on the ground. New light, flexible shoes saved me from having to quit.
  • Hjdavenport
    Options
    I recently got Vibram Fivefingers. They are perfect for the Insanity workout (to me). They are light weight, and just like being barefooted only they protect your feet. You may want to check them out. :) They look really odd but they are awesome.
  • pumpthejam2015
    pumpthejam2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I prefer Inov-8 shoes, F-lite 195. I first used these shoes for cross fit, but they're great for insanity too!
  • AjaGracie
    AjaGracie Posts: 7
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing when I first started Insanity so I did some research and found this blog post:

http://shauntfitness.com/insanity-shoes/

I personally use New Balance Minimus and I absolutely love them. Definitely don't want to be using running shoes for this workout.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 rounds of Insanity barefoot onto laminate floor. I think you focus more on landing softly with nothing on your feet - it worked for me! I'm now doing Focus T25 - barefoot!