Budget Challenge!

Options
Come up with a week's worth of healthy meals for $100 (For 2 people), $150 (3-4 people) or less!

Replies

• ClvrScn
    ClvrScn Posts: 7
    Options
    Come up with a week's worth of healthy meals for $100 (For 2 people), $150 (3-4 people) or less!

Oh I will be back later - I just did it on 30 bucks for 3 people...
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I do a huge 6 qt crockpot full of spaghetti type sauce on monday, i used my canned stewed tomatoes and whatever veggies are needing to be used and some italian seasoning i buy in bulk, I make spaghetti on monday, then use the rest of the sauce to make lasagne, or homemade pizzas etc.

Ill make a big roasting pan of baked chicken drumsticks and thighs i debone and deskin myself, usually a big 10 lb bag from walmart or a local grocery store. We'll eat baked chicken with mashed potatoes and a veggie on monday. then i use the left over chicken to make chicken pot pie with homemade bisquick, or chicken alfredo pizza with homemade alfredo sauce, or chicken noodle soup/chicken and dumplings, or chicken enchilada casserole, white chicken chili, or just chicken chili, etc.

I feed a family of 3 on $300 a month or so, and now that we cook for our inlaws a few times a week, its a family of 5 on less than $500 a month this way. I coupon for my HBA items so i can splurge on some good fish or bratz when they go on sale.