Intros!

Options
mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
Tell us about you!
-Name
-Goal for Halloween
-costume idea if you have one!

Anything else about yourself you'd like to share! :)

Replies

• mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm Mariah!
    My goal is to be down 30lbs by Oct. 31st
    I am currently at 249lbs

I LOVE Halloween and want to feel more comfortable in my skin by then.
    I do not yet have a costume idea but I will be brainstorming like no other on it! :love:
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    My name is Jason. I'm not as ambitious as you, so I'll say my goal is to be down another 15lbs, but also to have run 5k at least once and to still be working out at the gym.

Costume: Superdad. Not sure what that would entail, but it sounds fun.
  • jellyjude
    jellyjude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jude!
    My goal is to be down 30lbs by October.
    I am currently at 257lbs
    Here is England we dont celebrate Halloween like you do in the USA (boooo). But my local Pub does go all out!! Last year I went as an Umpa Lumpa (I am nearly 6 ft tall!) and the year before I was Princess Fiona.
    So, if anyone has any costume ideas that involve me covering myself in face paint the let me know!

In December I am travelling to Australia to celebrate my brothers wedding. I really want to be about 217lbs by then.

J
    xx
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Elizabeth.
    I am currently 193- this is about the number at which I normally plateau for ages and then gain a bunch back. So, my goal for Halloween is to beat the plateau- I want to get to 175, but will be satisfied with 10-15 lbs lost.

My husband and I host a Halloween party every year and usually dress in complimentary costumes. We haven't picked anything out yet, but I am open for suggestions. We usually go with related characters, but not necessarily a "couple."

So far we have thought super heroes, or ninja turtles...
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sandy.
    CW 213
    GW for 10/31 - 193

I love Halloween and always dress up. My friends and I have been the "Sheet Family" Jack Sheet, Holy Sheet, Oh Sheet....I'm sure you get the idea. This has been good for a plus size person cuz you just fix up a sheet to wear. This year I'd like to be something a little different. I haven't come up with anything yet, but there is still time.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Melissa :) I would like to be 180 for Halloween.. I am currently 206 I want to get into one of these, undecided of which one I like better... :)

RM4353.jpg

RC4352metallicmermaidcostume.jpg
  • BrownEyedGirl130
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Amirah
    My goal is to be down 22lbs by Oct. 31st
    I am currently at 175lbs

I am not huge into Halloween but I would love to be able to fit into some old jeans.

I am 5'6'' and I started out at 203lbs in December. I have been in maintenance for a while and I am ready to start loosing again.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shanice :)
    My goal is to be down at least 10lbs down by Oct 31st.
    Not sure about a costume as I might not be dressing up, but since I didn't go out last Halloween I would like to this year.
    Here is England we dont celebrate Halloween like you do in the USA (boooo).

This!! I love Halloween and from what I've seen on TV regarding the way it is celebrated in the USA and it saddens me we don't really celebrate it over here!
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen and love Halloween. I am super excited to be able to wear a nicer/sexier/more fun costume this year. My partner and I always wear complimentary costumes and I think my weight by the end of September's will influence what we go as this year. Last year we we a 50's couple, I wore a poodle skirt, etc. and he was a Greaser. The year before I was a garden and he was a bee lol.

I have lost 81 pounds (last weigh in was July 25, next one is Aug 22!!) and want to see another 25 gone by Halloween at least.

Happy to be part of this group!
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    Hey I'm KeeLee! My CW is 231. I'd like to be down to 201 by Halloween! I've got several ideas for Halloween, so I haven't narrowed it down yet... This is my first group to join so I'm very excited! No more excuses for me!
    4984658 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm Heather, just joined my fitness pal today, I think maybe 30 lbs by halloween would be a great goal.
  • daffodil11
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Karine. I've never really liked Halloween, but that's probably because I've never felt comfortable in a costume. I'm looking to change that this year! My CW is 235 and my goal is to reach 210 by Halloween. Here's to change!
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey, I'm Amanda!
    I've lost 11 pounds so far and my goal is to be down 19 more pounds by Halloween. My CW is 172. I haven't decided on a costume yet, but I'm super excited about this mini challenge!! :)
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm Trina and my weight loss goal for Halloween (which also happens to be my 41st (eek!) birthday!!) is 15 lbs. I have approx 50 lbs total to go to reach my final weight loss goal.
  • atdharma
    atdharma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love love love Halloween, especially the sexy costumes. Haven't felt like dressing up in anything for couple years due to weight gain but have been back in gym-progress has been even more motivation and want to lose about 15 lbs by the time the ghouls go out in something sexy! :-)
  • determined114
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Jovan i am currently 210 lbs. my goal is to be 190 by halloween
  • mariapastorelli
    Options
    Hey! My name is Maria

My goal weight is the same as my UGW because I really wanna be done with all this by then!

So:

Halloween goal: 123lbs (aprox. 56kg)

And my costume will be something that really tight that will show how skinny I'll be!

Here's a tip: As all of you know your own goal, buy a costume that is a liiiiittle tighter than your clothes, and make yourself motivated to fit in that girl! (or boy :D)
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    cw 176, I hope to be down to 150 by then. I am trying to continue to hit the gym and get myself ready for a 5k.
  • omgdinosaurs
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lauren. :)
    My current weight is 248. I'd love to lose 20 pounds by halloween, putting me around 228, or I'd actually prefer 225. So we'll say both are a goal, and I'd be happy with either!
    For costumes, I really have no idea. I've been so enthralled lately though being able to go clothes shopping without being miserable. (I've lost almost 70 pounds now) I hope to get some ideas from you guys and some researching over the next few weeks.

Just a few words of advice. Not to discourage anyone, but halloween is only about 11-12 weeks away. At 2 pounds a week, that's only about 22-24 pounds. A lot of you have 30 pounds as a goal which is great, but don't go crazy trying to reach a number! Listen to your body and do what's right and make sure you stay healthy!
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I was just thinking I needed to come up with a goal to finally lose my last 15, so Halloween it is. My name is Jill, my CW is 185 and my goal weight is 170. Lets do this!