My Choose to Lose Story

Options
Just thought I would share my CTL story. Started the program on 6/26. Ten days later I was down 14 pounds. After five weeks, I had lost 27 pounds!!! It amazed me that I had no cravings, (well I did crave a hot, fresh Cinnamon Roll, which I had this week.) After five weeks I plateau-ed.

So, last Sunday we started our “Slingshot” week. When I weighed on Saturday morning(after the first 6 days of “Slingshot), I had gained 1.5 pounds.  But according to the book, “Slingshot” is NOT about losing weight, but rather about re-setting your metabolism so the 7-day carb cycle kicks in again. We start the carb-cycle again tomorrow morning.

My challenges: 1) eating enough calories: I am not food driven, but trying to get in my allowed cals during the 12 hour period proofed hard; 2) the afternoon snack: I always get busy at work and forget, so started tomorrow I have a reminded set in my office Outlook; 3) Now that I get up at 515 to ensure 30 minutes on the treadmill, eating breakfast early is a challenge, hoping to do better going forward (I am also trying to create enough time in the mornings to add 15 minutes of meditation back into my routine); 4) drinking wine, I still drink my wine in the evenings, have just cut down and I count those cals.

The easies: 1) Finding good food to eat: we are now shopping at Tom Thumb, (like we always did) but we are also visiting Sprouts, Wholefoods, and Central Market. We only buy things there that add unique healthy items to our diet OR specific items (like “Food for Life” breads) that we cannot find at TT; 2) we make protein shakes every morning to take to work and we love them… with frozen bananas or peaches or berries. (Tip: we only use Almond milk…for more protein and cals, use cottage cheese. Put a tablespoon of cottage cheese in each ice tray slot, top with Almond Milk. Freeze, add a couple of these “cottage cubes” to your shake. More protein and a few more cals…); 3) Well I don’t have more time to type, LOL!

Bottom line: I love CTL as a life-style change. My partner’s goal is greater than mine, I only have 17 more pounds to go, but once I hit that goal, I will continue to eat healthier and exercise as much as possible.

Good luck to all…it works. In 7 days, after completing the “Slingshot” today and one week of the 7 Day Carb Cycle, I will let you know if I lost anything! Cheers fellow Fitness Pals!!!

Bradley

Replies

• sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing your story, I am looking forward to seeing more of your journey. Very inspirational.
  • kimmerkay
    kimmerkay Posts: 110
    Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you are doing well so far! I'm on week 6 and my weight loss isn't as quick as I thought it would be. I may throw some more carb free meals into my high carb days to pump up the loss. Best wishes! Kim
  • chezza80
    chezza80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks for that it helps to motivate
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great Story and thanks for sharing! I love CTL plan as well. I find it is easy to stick to and enjoyable and the best part is I feel great!
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am definately going to try the ice cubes in the tray tip. I too only use Almond Milk now...I love it and am so used to it that regular milk just doesn't taste good anymore.
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You've done tremendously well. I didn't even know there was a group for Choose to Lose...I'm excited.

I've been doing it since July 2 and have lost 9 pounds - and I am proud of that weight loss...my goals has been a pound a week. I NEVER want to regain this weight. I want this to be a change I can do for the rest of my life and NOT just another diet. it's been the easiest 9 pounds I've ever lost. What I'm most excited about is that this is a plan I can stick with - mostly because of the free day on Sunday (option 1). I also like the carb cycling because I can go one day without carbs pretty easily - it's the diets that want you to go weeks and weeks without carbs that I can only stand for so long. Without those features of this plan, I would have given up by now - I can only deny myself so long (about 1 week - lol) but knowing I can eat what I want one day a week, I can deny myself for 6 days no prob. I also haven't done the shredders since the first week. I'm 67 pounds overweight so I'll add those shredders pretty soon when my knees don't hurt so bad. I am doing the shapers and they kick my butt every time! But I can tell I'm getting stronger. The best part is I've lost inches in my waist, hips and thighs and I know its because of those squats.

I'm on my slingshot week. This is my second one - I think I still lost weight on the first one because I kept under my calorie limit.

Thanks for the tips! Freezing the cottage cheese with almond milk - genius.