Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi!

KirstenW1224
KirstenW1224 Posts: 10 Member
So I guess i'll be the first to post in here.

I heard a lot of us sistahs are taking control of our health, so why not root each other on, share tips, advice, etc., on here?

I'm going for eating small, healthy portions, and getting as much working out in as possible. I think my plan as far as working out is gym 5-6 times a week, doing interval training on the elliptical at the levels between 12-16, and then doing Jillian Michaels 30-day shred 5 days a week (find on amazon.com, totally worth the $11).

How's everyone else!??!

Replies

• Hey!!!!

I've been on here close to a year...not really committed at first, but I am totally committed now! I was going to the gym, but have been working out at home more often these days. I keep readjusting my food, not quite sure where I am now but I'm sure something will click eventually. I have a lot of amazing friends on here already, and its absolutely exciting to have some sisters on here as well!
  • Woohooo!!! Right now I'm training for the Chicago Marathon, so I'm less calorie reduction focused and more calorie replacement focused. (read this as: "holy **** what can I eat that won't make me feel like a cow but will keep my stomach from speaking to me" - so far I've got nothing.) Post race day, I'm chopping calories a bit and starting on some serious toning stuff. Pilates or something.

9+ mile run today. I just housed half a plate of nachos at the pub and a chocolate bar, and I'm gonna go eat some Skinny Cow ice cream now. (I really need to learn how to eat all these calories during the day and not cram them in at night.)
  • dontworryteach
    dontworryteach Posts: 4 Member
    So somehow after the surgery on my back 3 years ago I gained 50lbs. My goal is to fit back in to size 12 pants. I'm wearing an 18 now & weigh 230. That's insane & I'm just not ok feeling like crap all the time - so my plan is workout 6 days a week with rest on Sat or Sun depending on my schedule. Pilates reformer classes 3-4x week, restorative yoga 1x week and spinning 2x week once I take the intro class on Saturday. I've been doing Pilates for about 2 weeks and lost 5lbs, now I just need to really get my eating under control. Living with a dude does NOT help ;)
  • Hey Ladies,

Well, after a disappointing doctor's visit yesterday I am looking for some motivation. I've been seriously dieting and exercising again since January of this year...I did great between January and May but not so great this summer, and had a 12 lb gain in August...I've lost 7 of those 12 lbs since recommitting at the beginning of September. I'm trying to focus on something other than the scale, but its medically necessary I weigh myself everyday (and I HATE how it dictates my mood on bad days! :/). I've been mostly doing cardio at the gym (typically 60 min elliptical and 15 mins treadmill or bike) but want to start doing more strength training....I did a total body tone class on Saturday and could barely walk Sunday, haha. Has anyone had any luck with strength training regimens?? I'm also debating if its worth getting a trainer...I just switched gyms and am now at Anytime Fitness and the deals on trainers seem good....has anybody tried working with one??
  • dontworryteach
    dontworryteach Posts: 4 Member
    Meg! Even the dude I didn't like that I worked with in DC helped me a LOT. I love classes and/or a trainer - then I'm accountable to someone else if I don't show up. I LOVE my pilates reformer classes, but they are pretty expensive....it's totally worth it to me to feel strong for once and not strain my back but rather strengthen it.

My issue is that I need to add in the cardio. Let's hope with my free grad student gym I can get up to cardio 3-4 times a week!