MFP Settings

Options
Is there an automatic pregnant setting to keep track of calories, etc. or did you all just do it manually?

Thanks!
Stephanie

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I just put in maintenance for the first trimester,although I usually ate over that because I was so hungry all the time. In the second trimester I set it to gain 1/2lb per week, and am keeping it that way in the third. Unless you are underweight I suggest not upping calories until about 20 weeks, I think I increased mine too quickly and gained too much at the beginning of the 2nd trimester.
  • tinytinatmrw
    tinytinatmrw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Since my body was used to eating 1200 calories a day (losing 2 lbs a week) i would have put my body in shock and gained an excessive amount of weight so i moved it to 1650 calories (losing 1/2 lb a week) and so far i havent gained too much weight. i still am working out and most of the time i eat the deficit so i think thats what is helping with the weight gain. once i hit 16 weeks i will move it to maintenance. and then +1/2 lb a week in my third trimester. my dr also only recommend that i gain 15 lbs so i have to watch my weight like a hawk.