Book of the month anyone?

Options
Dotz4skinny
Dotz4skinny Posts: 16 Member
I was just wondering if anyone was interested in sharing a book they read at the end of every month and share their review. Anyone interested?

Replies

7201955 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone was interested in sharing a book they read at the end of every month and share their review. Anyone interested?

I am definitely interested. Shall we begin at the end of August?
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Bowen5575
    Bowen5575 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....and currently reading "odd jobs" by Ben Lieberman ...it was 99 cents on amazon...I love a bargain book!!
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Would definitely depend upon the choice of book, but sounds good.
  • CJ33711
    CJ33711 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I would definitely like to join your book club! I just bought a book for another book club that I was going to join called "boy in the tree" by Mary Swan. I haven't started reading it yet but I bought it off Amazon used. You can actually buy them for about 3 dollars used. Mine was $6, but it may be one of the new ones?? I'm not too sure?
    CJ
  • ZenWen
    ZenWen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to participate in a book club.
  • michellerosefit
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan.

I am in the book club at library and each month we pick from several titles in a particular genre. This month is true crime. I'm reading Devil in the White City by Erick Larson. I'll let you know how next week about that. I chose that one mainly because they are supposedly making a movie based on it starring DiCaprio.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this!
  • deborah0123
    Options
    Count me in.Right now I am reading the Owl Killers by Karen Maitland.and Witches of Bourbon St..I always have several books going at one time. I have books on my ipad, my iphone and real books lol..going to enjoy this club I know so...
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Well I just finished the Devil in the White City by Larson. It was a good book and I got it from the true crime section at library. If you like history it's great. Covers a lot about the development of Chicago's World Fair in late 1800s. I would say about 30 percent of the book was about the actual murderer. So as a true crime book it wasn't that great. But all of the other stuff was interesting. And the crime part was disappointing in details. I love horror movies, etc. so there wasn't enough blood and stuff. I mainly chose that book because it's supposed to have a movie made based on it.