Ugh...Exercise

Options
I seriously hate to exercise but I know it needs to be done. So there are times I have to force myself to take that step. Hopefully I can continue on this path.

Replies

• CaitlinedB
    CaitlinedB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I have the strength training part down okay because I do boot camp three days a week and challenges throughout the week but I have to force myself to do cardio. It's not that I hate it (maybe a little) but more that I put it last and usually run out of time to do it. I've been having a conversation with myself all day that I NEED to start doing cardio at least 5-6 times a week. Now I just have to follow through.
  • Pixieash72
    Options
    Ugh is the perfect word/sound (?) when it comes to exercise. I really hate exercise too. It hurts. All my joints hurt when I do anything. I'm 28 and I'd really like to have a better lifestyle by 30. My mom is 45 and she's in better shape than me. She really works her butt off and I have no idea where she gets the energy. Ugh!
  • brittanydwnfreeman
    Options
    I definitely understand how you feel. I remember just starting out walking and I thought I wouldn't make it 15 minutes. After losing 40 lbs it is much easier and I actually enjoy it. I not only feel better physically after a workout I am really proud of myself for doing it! It really does get easier the more weight you lose and the more muscle you build. Keep it up! One day you will be encouraging someone just like someone encouraged me.
  • Vandessa
    Options
    I feel you. I hate exercise. I've been so sore the last few months and I just keep hoping that the day will come when my muscles aren't so sore.
  • Lancastriana
    Lancastriana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to think the same until I discovered BMF which stands for British Military Fitness (http://www.britmilfit.com/)

I basically head to my local park - come rain or shine (and I have even done it in the snow and hail!) and get an amazing workout lead by former (and current) British military personal trainers. It's a mix of cardio and body weight exercises and is soooooo much fun! You wear a different coloured bib depending on your fitness level (blue for not so fit, red for pretty fit, green for super crazy fit!) and all run in rank and file - which takes a bit of getting used to, but soon comes naturally. We always end the session with a silly came - piggyback races, tag rugby etc... The team spirit is great, everyone cheers on the others and we have a great laugh! In fact we even have social events...such as BBQs at each others' houses and even pub crawls!

Now my mate has just moved to Boston (as in somewhere in the North of the US - not just North of me in Lincolnshire...yeah, the US Boston was named after the Lincs Boston!) and she has said there are similar boot-camp type outdoor classes, but nothing quite like BMF. May be a gap in the market there - seriously, it's the only exercise which I genuinely love! :)
  • rainbowcarrie
    rainbowcarrie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bahh! I turn 30 in 16 days. I think I will actually just stay 29 for a second time :)

I used to greatly dislike exercising as well. I used to have a Curves membership but I despised going. I hate repetitiveness and I get bored easily. About a year and a half ago my daughter and I started taking Tae Kwon Do and I love it! I also take a kickboxing class at the school. Every class is different which I like. I get to kick and punch things...good stress relief. When I go, it doesn't seem like exercise. So, perhaps try some new things out and maybe you will find something that seems fun to you instead of it being like a chore. Who knew I would do TKD! A tap dancing class also sounds fun to me! I looked and couldn't find any adult classes :(

Another thing I do occasionally that is great exercise..I play video games! I have an Xbox kinect and dance my heart out wit my Dance Central games. There are lots of other fitness games, Zumba, etc. But, I like to shake my uncoordinated *kitten* in the privacy of my own home. I have a blast and get a fantastic workout. Find a way to make exercise fun!
  • KathyMcAdam
    Options
    I have started the C25K programme - Google and download the app for your phone - Its a great way to get back into exercise! xxx

http://www.c25k.com/