I love this idea!

Options
Amylator
Amylator Posts: 1 Member
.. I had to laugh when I saw this message board because this is so very much like me -- I am continually looking for medical peers for support but with a busy/hectic medical lifestyle I find it difficult to form and maintain connections. I see members, not a lot of activity, but I completely understand why. :)

Well, if anyone is interested in a virtual workout buddy of sorts, i'd be happy to make an effort!

I'm 36, mom of two, and a rheum fellow. Medical school/residency/fellowship have wrecked my body and I'm committing to regaining my sense of self and physical empowerment. I've started weight-training, trying to start running for cardio (i hate cardio but must..do....it...) and would like to take up yoga to help with the mental stress. I think I'm scarily approaching pre-diabetes and i definitely have a stress/cortisol/central obesity problem.

I'm on week 3 and hope to keep my motivation up!

Replies

• BethKMMA
    BethKMMA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Amylator, and welcome to the board. It is not a very active board, probably because everyone is so busy! I've sent you a "friend" request, however, and we can support one another. I am a family doc in MA, and am at the tail-end of raising 6 children (youngest is 16), and am also the medical director of a large community health center, so I know busy! Looking forward to getting to know you.