Before 30 Bucket List, What is on yours?

Options
Great idea for a group for starters!!

I am 28 years old and I am tired of feeling like crap all the time... physically and emotionally. Since I started I have gradualy started to feel good! although I have a long way to go, I am confident I can do it!!

Anyway, here I go:

1. I want to run a marathon
Where I live there is a 7 mile run in the summer, I want to do it nextyear.
2. Graduate College!
I am a student nurse and plan to graduate next spring.
3. Eat a chocolate covered cricket or some sort of edible NON-SLIMEY bug
Yes, I know, strange.
4. Go on a vacation with friends (LET LOOSE!).
Becuase it is a long time coming.
5. Feel good about me!!

Anyway, I feel like my list is kind of small. What is on yours?

Replies

• paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also want to run a race.

Finish my book.

Get a decent job, one that lets me use my mind and pays well, so I can start on this student loan debt.

Get married, maybe, or go back to Germany instead ;) I haven't decided on that one quite yet.

=)
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I want to run a marathon (my first ever race was 7.46 miles, and it was torture. I want it to be easy).
    Get married (I've been dating the same guy for 4 years, time to $h!t or get off the pot).
    Finish my degree (half way there but working full time and raising my 6 year old)
    Go on a family vacation.
    Clean up credit so I can start building a house.
  • joy4life48
    Options
    Well since my 30th birthday is in February I don't have so much time. But there is a couple things before 30 that I want to do.

1. Run a 10 minute mile, whether it be on the treadmill or outside.
    2. Be able to wear my size 12 little black dress.

My list is smaller but still I have a shorter time till my 30th.
  • mikeandkate
    mikeandkate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've got a 4.5 year old and a 10 month old so I really don't have time for much and I'm also turning 30 in December so not long!

I would love to get pregnant with my third child and if I don't I would love to get back down to my pre-baby weight. Sounds a bit sad really! I will have to get my thinking cap on and think of something else for me to achieve!
  • Lancastriana
    Lancastriana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will be thirty in May and this was filling me with dread until I sat down and realised what I had achieved so far...I really do recommend it as it puts a whole different perspective on really the big three-oh!

WHAT I HAVE ACHIEVED
    Batchelors, Masters and PGCE from Cambridge
    Permanent promotion to Head of Year (I'm a teacher - this is a pastoral position)
    Lovely man - together 3 years now :)
    Just had an offer accepted on a house so may be home owners soon! (fingers crossed the chain does not collapse!)
    Own a little British sports car - MGF convertible in racing green
    Been lucky to be able to go on lots of foreign hols - eg in last 12 months - Marrakech, Vienna, Bratislava, a tour of Northern France, Bulgaria...and going to Czech next week.
    Paid off my credit cards! (with my extra money from my promotion!)
    Am healthy and happy...along with my nearest and dearest! :)

So... then, WHAT I'D LIKE TO ACHIEVE BEFORE HITTING THIRTY
    Become a home-owner!
    Learn how to tile my new bathroom
    Tile said bathroom (!)
    Really master my new job and ensure I get the rep i deserve
    Book a holiday to Asia
    Do a mini duathlon
    Do a major series challenge (http://www.majorseries.com/)
    Get down to a weight of ten and a half stone
    Get down to a small UK size 12
  • MaBelle579
    Options
    I only have a few months left, oh no! I turn 30 December 30th, so here goes-

1) Run a mile without wanting to curl up and die
    2) Lose 30 pounds
    3) Build a deck on our house, possibly with a special little meditation area
    4) Go on a spiritual retreat
    5) Be able to do 20 push-ups. In a row. At once.
    6) Find a nearby Muay Thai kickboxing class to join (or mixed martial arts of some sort)
    7) Finally decide whether or not I want an actual wedding, or get married on an island somewhere (I've been putting this off for almost 2 years)
    8) Go on a weekend-long kayaking/camping trip
    9) Finish painting our new house!
  • wheelinqueen
    wheelinqueen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 27...so I have a little more time...

1. Be in the best shape of my life....like Greek goddess awesome sauce shape.
    2. Get married to my love
    3. Have a baby (maybe AT 30)
    4. Finish my degree
    5. Learn Italian
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I decided I want to look HOT for my 30th birthday in January. I've been working really hard this summer and I just hit goal weight this week (woohoo!).

Goals:
    1. Maintain weight and continue lifting weights to get toned
    2. Run a 10k before my birthday
    3. Kick *kitten* and take names competing my horse this fall

You know what's not on my list? A boyfriend. If I happen to be with someone then GREAT. If I'm fabulously single then that's cool too. The wrong man is more trouble than he's worth.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have some of the same things as you guys and I think they are all great.....(except maybe that chocolate covered cricket thing...:frown:) I'm 25 and my before 30 bucket list goes as follows:

1. Reach my goal weight...
    2. Graduate from undergrad.
    3. Travel to another country (other than Mexico)
    4. Fall in love

That last one was cheezy I know but hey, a girl can dream!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I want to see the ocean! But I don't know if that is do-able before my 30th birthday in February. Also, I would like to see 120 lbs again. . . :wink:
  • rccmommy3
    Options
    I will be 30 at the end of September so I really don't have that much time. The biggest thing I want to do is cut out processed foods completely from my families diet. We have been doing very well. Also I want to lose at least 15 lbs. I think that's doable.
  • holoan83
    Options
    I love that this group exists! Today is my first day with my fitness pal and fitbit tracker...all inspired by my 30 before 30 list. I turn 30 in July 2013 and some of the things on my list include:

Running a 5k, training for a mini marathon
    Take swimming lessons
    Go to Vegas and dance in a night club (got married there in 2010...felt way to fat to go to a club!)
    Go to a beach and feel good in a swim suit
    Learn to walk in heels
    Go to Disney World

Making this list made me realize how much I wanted to do/accomplish and how much my weight is holding back. I'm inspired by reading everyone else's posts-congrats on everyone's progress and good luck!
  • JulieMarie01453
    Options
    I turn 30 in October, so my time is short and i'm gonna be realistic.

Reach Onederland
    Fit in a size 14/16
    Do a ten minute mile (I'm not a runner...yet!)

Wish me luck, all! <3
  • stagegoddess
    Options
    wow this is a really good idea---gonna work on the list over the next few days and get back to you guys!! reading everyone else's list made me realize how much i've accomplished (and been burnt out on) and what i should really focus on now. sneak peak: be the weight it says i am on my driver's license!! (that's my goal weight!)
  • Lancastriana
    Lancastriana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a quicky nosey Q... a few of your state 'finish degree' or 'graduate' as things to do before thirty...

At what age do you start university in the States? I take it that it must be later than here?

In the UK we start at 18 and it's three intensive years for a Bachelors - 4 years if you do languages like I did as you have to go and spend the third year in the language country either in work placement or at uni. It's 7 years for medicine, vet science and architecture. Then it's another year for a Masters. Another three years for a PhD. You HAVE to do your exams at the end of each year, it's not like in mainland Europe where you can skip an exam and take it a few months later in the next sitting if you don't feel like it. Here if you fail...you fail!

The reason I ask is i've heard that going to uni (or college as I think you guys call it!) is really expensive - as in far more expensive than here. Here we pay £6k a year for tuition plus rent for hall of residence plus living expenditure... this is itself is far more expensive than mainland Europe, We do not have private unis in the UK - all charge fees at the level set by the government.

Anyway....that's just me being nosy! Never been to the States - only know stuff from TV! :) May get over there one day, but fancy South America first...love experiencing new cultures and learning new languages....and I guess the US and UK are quite similar! My other half did a 3 week roadtrip your way last year though and loved it - flew into San Francisco, then onto Lake Tahoe to ski, the Death Valley, Grand Canyon, LV, then flew out of LA - was rather jealous!
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm 27 my bucket list goes like
    1) want to achieve between a 15%- 19% body fat I want to see those darn abs just to prove to myself I have some
    2) I want to go abroad due to not nice circumstances I've never gone anyway, I really want to go to Italy my god mother was Italian an some of my earliest memories are of her telling me how beautiful it was
    3) Reach my goal weight
    4) Do a marathon I don't mind if I walk or jog it, I just want to do it
    5) Feel sexy in my own skin
  • ibcsrl19
    ibcsrl19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 next July so I have 11 months. Goals:

Lose 20 pounds.
    Finish a book I have been working on for about a year. :)
    Increase sales for my business.
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a quicky nosey Q... a few of your state 'finish degree' or 'graduate' as things to do before thirty...

At what age do you start university in the States? I take it that it must be later than here?

In the UK we start at 18 and it's three intensive years for a Bachelors - 4 years if you do languages like I did as you have to go and spend the third year in the language country either in work placement or at uni. It's 7 years for medicine, vet science and architecture. Then it's another year for a Masters. Another three years for a PhD. You HAVE to do your exams at the end of each year, it's not like in mainland Europe where you can skip an exam and take it a few months later in the next sitting if you don't feel like it. Here if you fail...you fail!

The reason I ask is i've heard that going to uni (or college as I think you guys call it!) is really expensive - as in far more expensive than here. Here we pay £6k a year for tuition plus rent for hall of residence plus living expenditure... this is itself is far more expensive than mainland Europe, We do not have private unis in the UK - all charge fees at the level set by the government.

Anyway....that's just me being nosy! Never been to the States - only know stuff from TV! :) May get over there one day, but fancy South America first...love experiencing new cultures and learning new languages....and I guess the US and UK are quite similar! My other half did a 3 week roadtrip your way last year though and loved it - flew into San Francisco, then onto Lake Tahoe to ski, the Death Valley, Grand Canyon, LV, then flew out of LA - was rather jealous!

It is incredibly expensive. School here is a business. I have a degree in German. It cost me quite a bit (into the thousands). Books alone, for some people, are hundreds of dollars a semester. Some types of books are more expensive than others, like science, for example. The average student now graduates with 20k in student loan debt (or was it 25k).

Most people start at age 18, but it isn't required to do so. There are more people working first, or taking breaks, I believe. An A.A. would take two years. A Bachelor of the Arts at a Uni would take four years. A Masters can take two to three years or so, depending on the school and program, but one must have a B.A. first.
  • Beccatink
    Beccatink Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 in November so just under 3 months to go!

So far I have achieved buying my own house, 9 years with my Hubby to be, 2 gorgeous kids, my own car and just landed myself a new job.

Before I'm 30 I'd like to lose a few pounds and look great for my birthday, and get settled in my new job.

During my 30th year I'm getting married, then hopefully a honeymoon abroad (I've never been on a plane before!) and then saving for our "forever home".

I guess I'd better get cracking!!
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 on November 17th... no matter how much I try to deny it!

I was 10 lbs. lighter when I originally started with MFP (we've been on and off like a boyfriend that doesn't always fit into your life) so I get discouraged by seeing "0 lbs. lost" on my homepage even though I took of 7 lbs. in the last 11 days. By November 17th, I would like to be down 28 lbs. I would also like to find the motivation to begin searching for a PhD program to enroll in so I can escape my office-monkey lifestyle and begin a path to finding what truly makes me happy.

This is just off the top of my head. This is an awesome topic and I want to take a little time to think about it some more since I have so much to do and such little time in which to do it!