Drug of choice: FOOD!

Options
jazijett
jazijett Posts: 8 Member
I have always lived my life in a proud light. Meaning, I'll do the same behind closed doors as I do in the streets.....I thought. Drugs, gambling, drinking, smoking, the list can go on and I have never have had a thought or desire to try any of the above. Yay for you Coc but I can't say no to chocolate cake? I'm a drive thru addict, I'll eat in my car an hide the evidence. Lord knows I don't rep I ate taco bell an hr before an am eating again. I can't go more than 48hrs on a diet or health kick. I lost 10lbs and put back on 22lbs the 10 I lost and 12 new. I'm getting older and it's just getting harder....

Replies

• joy4life48
    Options
    I totally understand what you are going through. I may not do the crazy drive thru thing like I used to but it is still a major draw for me. I want the fries or the burgers or the tacos all the time. But I have come to realize that yes I may have a food addiction, but that does not define who I am. I am slowly learning to make those burgers, fries or tacos at home and a much healthier way then the fast food joints. I try to keep fruit or snacks that are better for me on hand all the time. My worst time is when I am at home by my self. I tend to overeat on peanut butter or sweets. I am still learning and trying to take back the control I so desperately need. If you ever want to talk please send me a message, I am on everyday. :flowerforyou:
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I will do really well for a while then it goes down hill. We have a candy jar in our office that I can't seem to keep my hands out of, I started grabbing candy out of it when no one was around and hiding the wrappers in my garbage so no one knew how much I was eating. I have completely rid my house of junk food, it's just at my office that I seem to have no self control. So frustrating.
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The longest I typically make it on a health kick or diet is however long it takes for me to plateau, which is usually between 20-25 lbs. after roughly 3 weeks. I'm down 8 lbs. since the 12th of this month and I already want to go eat calzones and spend an entire day in bed under a Snuggie watching horror movies. It's sad. I owe it to myself to want to continue on this quest. I'm too damn pretty to be this damn big.

Keep your head up and be strong!
  • holoan83
    Options
    I can certainly relate to doing well for a few weeks and then letting it all go. Its really frustrating, but the fact that we are all here utlizing this support network and tracking our calories means we are actively planning to be successful, so congratulate yourselves on what you've done so far. When the cravings hit I try to search on the app for nutrition information for possible alternatives--I'm loving Orange Leaf right now, their frozen yogurt is low fat and low cal and I can usually work it into my calorie budget. It's nice to read that everyone else is going through the same thing I'm going through too, and it's inspiring for me too keep going. Thanks, ladies!