2012 Bucket List

Options
What do you want to do before the end of the 2012? Does not have to be limited to weightloss, ANYTHING!

I want to:

Feel good about me!
Lose at least 25lbs.
Try the new sushi restaraunt (yummmm!)
Get through the Fall semester still sane!

What are you thinking? I sure could use some ideas!

Replies

• reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lose atleast 30 pounds
    Paint my 5 year old's room....it needs some serious help
    Go on an overnight getaway with my husband
    Get either a tablet or a Kindle Fire.
    Start a collection of healthy recipes that I actually like, that lists calories and other nutritional information
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    - Get skinny and fit by the end of the year!

- Get rid off all the desire to eat unhealthy stuff. (I won't touch it now, but the desire is still there.)

- Start running outside.

- Buying new clothes some time before the end of the year. (when I reach my desired weight, right now I have almost nothing that fits anymore)

- Try out super yummy and healthy recipes I've collected :)
  • KC2239
    KC2239 Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to make exersizing something I love to do.
    Run a 5 km race
    Run between Banff and Canmore
    Be able to do a push-up
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So far in 2012:

Lost 42 lbs (5 before joining MFP; 37 so far on MFP);
    Went to the dentist after, ahem, eight years;
    Cleaned up and organized my workplace;
    Converted junk room into home office;

For the remainder of 2012:

Lose 20 more lbs;
    Schedule other doctors' appointments;
    Clear out the remainder of boxes from my home office (formerly the "junk room");
    Start learning a foreign language (German)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there !

In addition to the usual goals of eating better. moving more, and weighing less ......

I'd just like to get through the Labor Day weekend in one piece ....... we host our annual family clambake/BBQ ...... and my husband invites his entire family ...... that's close to 100 people ....... and SOME of those people drive me insane !

I'm in need of some sedatives :laugh:
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have so many bucket lists it's insane!! So, it is fun to able to share my crazy dreams with others!

By the end of 2012 I want to have lost 20 lbs.

Run 5 more 5K's

Climb the stairs of the Sears Tower - 110 Floors (Nov 1st is my plan!)

Stain my deck

Be consistent with MFP and my Exercise (not being consistent is a BIGGY for me - follow through is tough)

Find accountability partners....
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    For this year:

Refinance my mortgage
    Organize our charity first mud run!
    De-clutter my house
    Pay off one of the cars
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Hi, there !

I'd just like to get through the Labor Day weekend in one piece ....... we host our annual family clambake/BBQ ...... and my husband invites his entire family ...... I'm in need of some sedatives :laugh:

^
    OK, I made it through our party ...... no sedatives needed, just a few glasses of Sangria :drinker:

But all that "taste-testing" created a monster ........ I've been craving bread & sugar & pasta ..... need to get back on track, and the best way is to have NO bread, NO sugar, and NO pasta for the next few weeks ...... because if I can't nip this in the bud, it will be a rough road with the holidays coming !
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Doing at least 2 things before the end of this MONTH .....

After following a South Beach way of eating for nearly 4 years, I can see by the state of my pantry that things have taken a turn for the worse ...... to nip this in the bud, I'm redoing Phase 1 ...... which just means staying away from sugar, baked goods, regular pastas, white rice, jarred sauces & anything loaded with salt & sugar for awhile..... I've done it several times & it helps to get me back on track ....... but it's funny how quickly "bad" food creeps back into my life ..... I have no recollection of buying any of it :laugh:

My second goal is commiting to 15 minutes of yoga each morning at home, either following a TV program or a video on my laptop ...... and no, this doesn't replace going to the gym !

JUST DO IT !
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Well, I did start Phase 1 of South Beach (2 weeks no sugar, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, booze, baked goods, etc) ..... the only thing I miss is fruit, especially my daily Granny Smith apple ...... but on Monday I can add that back ........ honestly, I feel much better from this sugar "cleanse" ...... just in time to deal with the holidays :happy:

Also, I started yoga each morning ..... just some gentle stretching to get the blood moving ....... but not always 15 minutes ..... depends on my schedule, sometimes it's 10 mins & sometimes 60 ..... it's all good !

So, for me, September's been a huge success !