Week 1 - 27 Aug - 2 Sep 2012

Options
suziecue66
suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
Looking forward to week 1 :)

Replies

• miss_melinda81
    Options
    Me too! I was feeling a bit flat about starting ANOTHER round, but I just jumped online and started finishing my preseason tasks, checking out the forums, etc and now I'm PUMPED! Plus my bestie, who introduced me to this program is doing it again this round, so I'm excited to take the journey with her!
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Me too! I was feeling a bit flat about starting ANOTHER round, but I just jumped online and started finishing my preseason tasks, checking out the forums, etc and now I'm PUMPED! Plus my bestie, who introduced me to this program is doing it again this round, so I'm excited to take the journey with her!

This on your profile page is exactly how I feel:
    "Because being overweight stops me living my life properly. I don't want to go out and enjoy time with my friends because I feel so bad about myself."
  • miss_melinda81
    Options
    Time to do something about it then, isn't it! :) Glad to know I'm in good company!

My body has changed a lot this last round and I'm not so sad going out any more. I still have that small hesitation, which I will carry until I reach my goal. But I am looking forward to summer and a bikini at the moment - something I haven't looked forward to in 6 years!
  • Tesstify
    Options
    I was thrilled to get the nutrition and exercise plans yesterday, getting pretty pumped for a big start on Monday :)
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Me too.
    Not sure how active this group will be. Its here anyway if others curious about 12WBT.
  • jesswoodman
    Options
    Very excited to get started.... Just wondering if anyone knows, does this group show up on your phone when using the iphone app? Ta:wink:
  • suziecue66
    Options
    I'm not sure.
  • sistarasta
    sistarasta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi Meredith (sistarasta) here - in Perth (FREO) - excited to be part of this. Got a LOT of weight to lose but thought this would be a good kick start. Age 52, single mama and suffer with chronic pain (which I am learning to manage and keep moving) but hope that the support here will help :)
  • suziecue66
    Options
    welcome Sistarasta!
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi

I live in country NSW and new to both 12WBT & MFP have heaps to lose - lost 20 kgs over last 12 months on my own by just making simple changes but have been kind of marking time for last 3 months and found the MFP app and then only last week found out about the 12WBT so decided to give it a go - now it is about to start I am more than a bit filled with trepidation but am determined.

I am looking for friends who I can support and be supported by. I am 54, with at least 45 kg to lose. I work and study and live on a small farm with my partner of over 20 years and just want to be healthy and able to do the things that need to be done without being tired and puffed all the time.
  • sistarasta
    sistarasta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I wonder how many other 'over-50s' with more than 30kgs to lose are around?