Ways to Burn Calories at Work?

Fall semester begins Monday, and I know it will be more difficult to get in my regular workouts once I'm back! What are you planning to do to burn some calories at work? So far my plan includes:

*Taking breaks every hour while I'm in my office to go up and down a few flights of stairs
*Scheduling one course in the middle of the day on the other side of campus

I'd love to incorporate some of your good ideas!

Replies

• BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    I keep an exercise band and two 2 lb. dumbells in my office. Just take a break every day and do speed reps while sitting. I have mobility issues..but this is a great way to refocus and de-stress as well as burn some cals. This is a good google: exercises while sitting. Hope that helps and have a great semester. :wink:
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Since I work from home, I take a few minutes in the afternoon to walk my dog. In the morning before I start for the day, I work with my resistance bands. In the evening, I do some Zumba.
  • jayeh2005
    jayeh2005 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm going to bump this: I am going to do the treadmill at the Y before going to my office hours at 9 am, five days a week, and I'm going to keep therabands in the office. I am thinking of alternatives when the snow gets really bad here in Michigan, and since I'm in a building that's connected to two other buildings by second floor covered bridges, I may take advantage of that. Maybe I can have meetings with my students while doing laps around the buildings? Haha.
  • I like your idea about having meetings with students by walking around! I know you were sort of joking, but I think that's great! Or maybe asking students if they want to meet in the common area or something so you can get out of your office for a bit?

I was thinking of offering some of my students who are new to the school a mini-tour of the main campus building during office hours. That way it's helpful for them to see where certain services are located, and helpful to me to get off my butt for 10-15 minutes!
  • walking to the office-
    pick a far away spot to get coffee- campus coffee is always terrible anyways : )
    stairs a must!