Hey Group!

Options
kurting81
kurting81 Posts: 32 Member
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairly new to MFP and really like this site and I think this cancer survivor group is really cool. Everybody on here battling and surviving each and every day to achieve their very best definitely pushes me to be the healthiest I can be. I was diagnosed with Stage IV oral cancer at the age of 25 nearly 5 years ago! I had no risk factors associated with the disease however like the administrator of this group I definitely believe some of the choices I made when I was younger contributed to me becoming ill. So 5 years later I have made some big lifestyle changes. The biggest by far as been becoming a vegan and really monitoring what I put into my body. While I'm not perfect with my diet I know it's much better than the junk I grew up on and feel that is one of the biggest reasons I'm doing so well today. Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and that you all are an inspiration!

Replies

• jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there, well done on changing your lifestyle. I'm not ready to go the vegan route, but I know I eat too much sugar...