New Dresden book to be released!

Options
htimpaired
htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
Any Dresden files fans out there? Cold Days is going to be released on Nov 27th! I cannot wait, I love that series. Others? What do you hope will happen in that book?

Replies

• Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the series but am only 3 books in so far. This may be blasphemy, but I actually liked the show better. Shame it was cancelled. Enjoy the new release!
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's still having to climb back from Changes. What was that all about - in non-spoilery fashion?

The setting up for the RPG was quite apparent in Ghost Story. Lots of new story rules.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You should check out the audiobooks - James Marsters does an UNBELIEVABLE job bringing ALL the characters to life. Absolutely uncanny.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Already preordered mine for my Kindle!
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Changes jacked my world up. I think I'm still in shock. I'm ready for 11/27!!
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Changes is known in my house as Attack of the Plot Bunnies.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Yep...He'll end up being the new Merlin by the time Butcher ends the series.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I like the series, but I'm not sure I liked the last book. I'll read any new books, of course.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    So, anyone read Cold days? I loved it-much better than Ghost Story. The last third of the book had me yelling at it....in a good way...:-)
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm a huuuuge Dresden fan :-D Only just finished book 5 though..
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ghost Story is the only Dresden book I have had trouble reading. Probably because I knew how it ended.
  • ClarkWierda
    ClarkWierda Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just finished Book 1.

It's going to be hard to not blow my book budget all at once.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Cold Days was awesome, but is anyone else thinking Jim Butcher has it out for poor Dresden? LOL!
  • foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Poor Harry, his life just gets more and more screwed.
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    So I live in Liberty MO - a suburb of Kansas City, MO. Apparently Butcher also lives in a suburb of KC. I always thought it would be awesome to meet him someday, but haven't had the chance. What would be more fun would be to be able to talk to him about the books and listen to his thoughts on the characters and what's happened in the Dresden-verse so far. That'd be a blast.

If you really want some fun, find his web page and some of the discussions there. Apparently Butcher has a whole arc laid out for Harry - something like 23 books that will end in a 3-part armageddon type ending. That's going from memory, but it sounded pretty cool!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think Dresden has a big ol' magical target tattooed on his forehead.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Knew I'd seen The Dresden Files in my Netflix recommendations, so I've been watching the series since you started this thread. The show was not universally loved by the book readers but I like the gist (and Paul Blackthorne makes for some easy watching). Have downloaded a Nook sample of the first book to check out. It would certainly give me something to do in eternity's waiting room while Martin "finishes" the Winds of Winter.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Read Cold Days when it appeared on my Kindle and loved it.

I was really surprised by the last third of the book.

Looking forward to the next one.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I've started reading the series and am on the second one (Fool Moon). Glad Butcher is so prolific, it's fun reading.

Does Bob ever get a more distinct form in the books? I kind of liked that he had a full persona in the show.