Turbo Fire Week 8/27-9/2

mammacano
mammacano Posts: 153 Member
What did you do?
Love it, Like it, on-the-fence, or hated it?
How many calories did you burn?

Replies

• jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    I'll start Week 2 this week. I'm also going to add the Stretch 10 at the end of my workouts even if it's not on the schedule, because if I don't properly stretch I am super achy the next morning.

I really like the workouts as a whole, but I find that sometimes I get confused (usually towards the end).

I really need to invest in a heart rate monitor to find out how much I'm actually burning. For now, I'm using the estimate for Low Impact Aerobics. Does anyone here use a HRM? I'm interested to see how the HRM numbers compare to the estimated numbers. Today I did Fire 55 EZ and Stretch 10, which estimated me at 366 calories burned.
  • Melzy71
    Melzy71 Posts: 150
    I did Fire EZ 45 today. Was suppose to do the stretch too but the boys were being ornary so I cut that out this time around. I loved it. I love the twist move it's my fav. Burned 298! I don't have a HRM jeni. I use a fitbit. It's pretty accurate. I just punch in what tells me burned.
  • mammacano
    I was supposed to do fire 45 today, but an instructor at the club that i work at was hit by a car and I was needed to teach his kick box class. I did 10 minutes of the spin class before the kick box class and then the 60 min kick box class with a HIIT session at the end..I have a Timex HRM that said I burned over 800 calories. I really think that is too high so I took off 200 calories.. Back to TF tomorrow.. Great job Ladies! Keep it up!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Did my first workout last night! My shoulder muscles are sore this morning so I'm thinking it's working. I felt a little nausea after the second firedrill, which is weird b/c I work out fairly regularly but I'm hoping its b/c I put it all my effort. So far so good, can't wait to do today's workout! It's too early to tell now, but I can't wait to see results!
  • Melzy71
    Did today's workout. It was Low HIIT 25 and Stretch. I didn't do any jumping because my shoes are wearing out and the last couple times I jumped around it hurt. My new shoes should be here today so on Thursday I should be able to give my all to the HIIT sessions. =D I can't wait. I love the HIIT's even though I feel like dying during them. Oh yeah I burned 225 cals during my workout. :smile: I hope everyone else has a great day getting their workouts in.
  • amwalcott
    amwalcott Posts: 29 Member
    I'm still on week one and I'm getting ready to do the firestarter video. I'm book.g I can make it through without stopping even once!
  • Melzy71
    You go amwalcott! I did Fire 45 EZ today. Loved it. I burned 278 calories. I got to the last 10 minutes this time before I got tired. Love seeing the improvement in my fitness level. This totally works. Also getting better at remembering when I am tired on what to do lol.
  • mammacano
    You ladies are doing Awesome! I did not do TF today, I taught a 60 minute kick box class today that was so much fun! I drug my butt to the gym and was feeling really tired, but as soon as I got there and saw a full class, all my energy came back.. I wish all my MFP friends could come kick box with me! I am not nearly as good as Chalene, but I feel that I teach a fun class.. hmmm.. I wonder if I can get Turbo Fire certified??

What is on the agenda for Thursday? For me, HIIT 15 + Sculpt 30..
  • amwalcott
    I felt like I was going to puke after the Firestarter video that I did Tuesday and that was the third time I have done it. I'm guessing it's because I put my all into the whole video. I still didn't make it all the way through non-stop, but I didn't stop as often as I did the first and second time I did it.
  • amwalcott
    Last night I did the 45 EZ Fire class. I liked it, but I did have to modify a few times. My tshirt was soaked when I finished!
  • Lairosiel
    Lairosiel Posts: 3 Member
    Hey girls,

I just did my first Turbo Fire class this morning (Fire 30) and I think it's really awesome and fun.
    Usually I jog and do some of the Pop Pilates exercises afterwards, but weather is not great today and I am feeling a little
    sick, so I decided to finally get started with this.
    Only thing I am concerned with his my neighbours living beneath me - so I am trying to not sound like an elephant, but working my butt off at the same time ha.
  • Melzy71
    Everyone is doing great! As for sweating... i never sweated before Chalene. I actually bought workout gear because t shirt get too heavy after they get a little wet. I figured hey I am investing in my health so why not, plus I found some on sale. lol I LOVE my new shoes!!!! I got the Nike Free Crosstrainers and oh my they feel like I am exercising bare foot. I did my jumps in HIIT 15 today and I thought I would fly through the roof. Ok I was really only 2 inches off the ground by my shoes didn't hold me back! My weakness does! hehe I got through all of the HIIT sessions on high impact except the last 2. I was just so out of breath when they started up I didn't want the no breathing thing to happen again. I did half jumping. I am so excited that my fitness level is going up. My tummy is finally getting smaller! The odd baby muscles are going back to where they belong and I am so excited. =D

Ok today I did HIIT 15 and Toning 30. Calories burned 335. I loved the HIIT not the toning so much. I think next week I will put in my CLX and do push 1. I want to keep my muscles that I got during CLX so I will just do one of those instead of the toning and the other one. I don't like doing the bands on some of the arm exercises because they hurt the back of my arm. It is nice for others though.

Mammacano-- You should go for it. I think that's great you teach a fitness class.

Amwalcott--- you should take it easy if you feel sick. Maybe push a little less? You shouldn't feel sick, tired yes, but not sick. That is your body saying sloooooooooow down. =) Just keep plugging away you will look back one day after doing a work out for and hour and go hey when did this get easy?

Lairosiel-- Welcome to the group! I hope that you enjoy TF. I am having a blast. I love Chalene. She is a great motivator. She has this 6th sense to know when you are getting tried and say YOU"RE NOT TIRED! Not sure how she knows but she does!
  • amwalcott
    I'm so excited!!!!! I finally made it through the fire starter video without stopping!!!! I made it throgh ez 45 and low HIIT 20, but for some reason I have been struggling to make it all the way through fire starter..... I feel so accomplished!!!!
  • alschultz33
    amwalcott - awesome accomplishment! congrats!!

I just finished Fire 30 / stretch 10 for the second time. I was able to keep up with the moves a bit better this time around :smile:. The main thing I want to improve on are my jumps...I don't get too high off the ground, so I'm going to keep pushing. I'll be doing Fire 55 EZ today. Wish me luck!
  • Melzy71
    Good luck alschultz!! and great job amwalcott! TF works it really works. =D
  • alschultz33
    Quick question though...I did Fire 30 on Monday and Thursday. After both workouts, my back was really sore the next day. Did anyone else have that? I feel like it's my muscles that are sore, but I can't quite tell if it's my muscles or if I actually hurt my back. I'm going to go with muscles...and hope I end up with a sexy back after all this :bigsmile:
  • Melzy71
    Yes my back hurts sometimes. Less so now that I am on the 3rd week.

Did Firestarter Class today and burned 198 calories. Yeah they are a little low today. I was more tired today so I took it easy. Still sweated like a pig though! lol
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Today I did 45 EZ and stretch 10. Pretty intense. I liked it!
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Oh yeah. This was day 13. A milestone for me.
  • mammacano
    TF may have to put on the back burner for the next few days.. My in-laws are visiting and I have a tiny house.. Going to try to get in some looonnngg walks this weekend.. Good luck everyone and have a fantastic labor day weekend!!