New

Options
I'm new to the group just wanted to say hi and hear anyone's stories on weight loss while breastfeeding.

Replies

• orangebreeze
    orangebreeze Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's been about 8 months since I stopped bf, but I found the weight "stuck" while nursing. Since then I have gotten into the more healthy eating/excercise track and am serious about it. A good resource for nursing moms is kellymom.com.
    Good Luck!!
  • ErinReneeL
    Options
    thanks. I will check it out. last time i started losing at 9 months when she started eating more. then i was pregnnt again the next month and lost more. Owen is 5 months now so hopefully i'll start to lose soon
  • AshleyB1120
    Options
    Hi, I am new too! I am 6 weeks PP and am starting to track the food I am intaking and do plan on starting to exercise shortly. So far, just by tracking today, I don't feel like I will be able to stay under the 1,500/day mark for calorie intake...I only have a little under 400 calories for supper left, and in my opinion, I am eating very healthy! I guess I'll really have to change my eating habits in order to figure this all out. Anyone have any great low-calorie recipes they'd like to share?
  • ErinReneeL
    Options
    I suggest adding breastfeeding in as a snack so that you get more calories. Everything I have read says you need 2000-2500 to keep your milk supply. I dropped my milk supply entirely and baby was up to eat every hour when I followed the 1400 a day rule.