Different games for exercise?

Options
I get a little bored with the wii fit and sports games. Just wondering what everyone else enjoys doing for that little extra.
Personally i really like Michael Jackson the experience simply because i really enjoy the music and love to dance. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• klpatch
    klpatch Posts: 2
    Options
    I have Just Dance, Just Dance 2 and Zumba. All are really fun. And if you play the Just Dance games on the "just sweat" setting it's a really great workout!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    HI all! I have Just Dance 2 and Zumba Fitness for my Wi. Just got the Zumba and used it for the first time today. It seems like a tougher workout than Just Dance, so I think I will mix them up. I also have a couple DDR games for my PS2 but haven't done that in a while. I just bought the Smurfs Dancing game to play/workout with my nephews but haven't tried it yet.
  • nbates9254
    nbates9254 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Zumba is alot of fun - so is just dance! I try to add them in on my "off" days from the gym!
  • tishaparker1980
    tishaparker1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really would like to try the Zumba fitness! Right now I am only doing the free run, I do it 1 hour total each day and lost over 20 pounds in 2 months. Soon as I can get the extra money , I am gonna buy the Zumba Fitness, I heard it's fun and easy!!
  • wishnik
    wishnik Posts: 5
    Options
    Does the zumba involve alot of twisting hip movement? I have a back injury and really cant do alot of that. Just dance sounds like a good one though might give it a go too :smile:
  • ohDeeDeeBehave
    ohDeeDeeBehave Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HI! I Love doing the Just Dance, Just Dance 2 - the Zumba was tough for me. But at the gym Zumba is much easier. My daughter and I enjoy Wii Fit games - the general ones. Marching band, Ski jump and a lot of the balancing games. My absolute favorite is the Karate one - Can't remember what its called though - I just find it and Go Go Go!
  • ohDeeDeeBehave
    Options
    Most of the latin dances do require a lot of hip movements. I used to teach it. But I found that the Wii Zumba can still make you move, even if you don't put a lot of Hip into it. I actually found the moves on the game hard to follow though. So I opt for Just Dance and Just Dance 2 which tends to have a lot of ...... not as much Hip stuff.
  • imaindigogirl
    Options
    I have just dance 1,2 and 3. I have Zumba, wii fit, wii sports, wii resort. I find that I get going really good and then stop doing it for a while and it gets harder to keep going.
  • ohDeeDeeBehave
    Options
    what is the Just Dance 3 like? I don't do my dancing all of the time anymore either. I mainly go to the gym. But promise myself that if I miss the gyms Zumba class.......I'll dance.....yeah....
  • sproutykins
    sproutykins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the new U-Shape, Zumba Rush, Dance Cental 2, and the Kinect Sports for Xbox Kinect. Any other Kinecters out there?
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have the new U-Shape, Zumba Rush, Dance Cental 2, and the Kinect Sports for Xbox Kinect. Any other Kinecters out there?

I love the Kinect! I just bought JM Bootcamp and holy freaking cow. Those are some HARD moves. (Kick Lunges?? I can barely kick OR lunges - now that crazy trainer wants me to do them together?? Yeah, she kicks my butt).

I also like the dancing ones. And "Your Shape Fitness Evolved".

We used to have the Wii and I'm so glad we sold it and bought the kinect instead :happy:
  • maremare312
    Options
    I have Wii Fit but never really got into it. Anything on there someone really likes? Or any other games the balance board is good for?
  • imaindigogirl
    Options
    what is the Just Dance 3 like? I don't do my dancing all of the time anymore either. I mainly go to the gym. But promise myself that if I miss the gyms Zumba class.......I'll dance.....yeah....

I like 3 and I really like the first one too, good songs on them which keep me interested.
  • wishnik
    wishnik Posts: 5
    Options
    I have Wii Fit but never really got into it. Anything on there someone really likes? Or any other games the balance board is good for?
    I like the free step cause i can set it for 30 mins and switch back to watching tv while still doing it. Also the boxing as it gets your arms moving too and the marching.
  • maremare312
    Options
    I like the free step cause i can set it for 30 mins and switch back to watching tv while still doing it. Also the boxing as it gets your arms moving too and the marching.

Thanks!
  • Determined56900
    Determined56900 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I personally love Just Dance 1 & 2! The free run on Wii Fit The Free Step & esp the Snowball fighting soo fun! I love Zumba all the way I have both! Zumba 2 is harder than the first one but Im getting it finally! For anyone looking for great Cardio just put on your favorite music & start dancing! Everytime I clean my place I do this & the time just flys by!
  • oldmike1030
    oldmike1030 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been using Your Shape 2012 with Kinect. It has a good variety of activities so it doesn't get boring.