feeling a little deflated...

Options
So, I just started my shakes on Saturday and I am loving them so far! I am doing 2 shakes a day. I just posted on a MFP message board about feeling very hungry, and asking others if this will pass, since I am new at this "not eating whatever I want, whenever I want". Obviously, I know if you don't eat, you will be hungry....but that wasn't my point. What I wanted to know was will eating less (less meaning at a healthy level) get any easier or will I continue to have these hunger pains? The responses I got were a little discouraging...not everyone is a fan of Body by Vi. :tongue:
So, here I am again, asking people who are using the same product as I am to help me. Does anyone else experience the hunger...and does it get easier?

Replies

• hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It will get easier. You are teaching your body what it means to eat healthy and the feeling of having lots of nutrients in your system. If you do get hungry, by all means grab a hand full of almonds, a string cheese, some grapes or another healthy low calorie snack. I do 2 shakes a day but I also have a small snack mid morning and mid afternoon. I eat either lunch or dinner. I think many people believe that by drinking the shakes you arent eating real food.

I don't know how you are mixing your shakes, but maybe add some ingredients to up the calories a bit. I have found that by making my "Not-So-Chunky-Monkey" shake in the morning I do not get hungry most mornings and can skip my mid-morning snack. To make it I mix 1 cup of skim milk, 2 scoops of shake mix, 1/2 of a frozen banana, 1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter, and some ice. It is super yummy and super filling. It ends of being around 320 calories. I dont mind spending those calories on a filling breakfast that is packed with nutrition.

Best of luck to ya!
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    same as above.. it will go away.. in the meantime drink more water and eat snack in the morning I have my around 10am .. do you use the vi-trim in your shakes ? I did for the first 2 months

have you thought about adding Spinach to your shakes ?? or flaxseed oil I found that helped me
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will get better. I am also doing two shakes a day and have been at it since mid May. As the above posters I have added mixed fruit and a 1/4 tp of chocolate fat free sugar free pudding mix into my shake. It carries me to my morning snack. When I first started I felt hungry as well. This will slowly fade. In addition to adding more calories to your morning shake be sure to drink plenty of water. Drink a glass of water when you start to feel the hunger pains, most often they will go away. If you wait 10 mins and still feel hungry, grab a snack. You dont want to deprive yourself or you will fall off the wagon. You must eat in order to succeed and lose in a healthy way. I hope this helps, feel free to add me.
  • MagonElizabeth
    Options
    thanks everyone! I do add extras to my shakes...I have an app on my Iphone with recipes. I also eat a small, healthy snack mid morning and mid afternoon, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who felt SO hungry....glad to know it will likely become less frequent!
    I don't have the Vi-Trim because I purchased the Shape Kit. I wasn't able to pay the $249 for the transformation kit, which is what I REALLY wanted! Can you buy Vi-Trim separately?
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yes you can order it separte.. I used to be on thr transformation kit but now I buy the shape kit and add the vitamin to my order each month.

I found I didn't use the engery drink or the favour packets so it was a waste of money.

Do you have benefits at your work? or hubby's work? I have found out at work I was able to get part of my order covered under our wellness health benefits you should check in to it.